Chapter Fourteen

Juniper walked in confidently, but inside he was anxious. Cats crowded around looked at Juniper, confused. They hissed and sheathed their claws.

Juniper realized he was in a crowd of murderous felines. Why did I walk in mindlessly? Juniper tried his best to dodge any attacks, but it didn't work.

A loud yowl was heard from a distance. The cats stopped attacking the gray outsider. Juniper stood straight up. He saw from a distance, a gray tabby on top of the bins.

He looked bold and mighty. Juniper could see the animal standing on top, like a warrior. "Stop!" He ordered. The cats obeyed and gave a distance to Juniper. He was confused, but nonetheless Juniper looked at the cat eye-to-eye.

"What is it you need?" The gray tabby spoke calmly.

Juniper hesitated. He gulped anxiously, looking at the bold animal. He then answered, "I'd like to speak to the leader."

"Well, you're right here! I am the leader."

The leader smiled, showing his sharp teeth. Juniper flattened his ears, afraid to go, but there's no turning back. He walked forward slowly, around him were cats staring, hoping to murder Juniper.

Juniper jumped, almost reaching up, but he fell. He could hear small giggles behind him. He tried again. This time the leader helped him by biting and holding his neck up onto the bin.

It hurted, but Juniper shook his head to try to swept away the pain. Juniper looked down below him, there was a big crowd right under him. He felt like as if he was in charge.

"Come now," the leader mewed. He walked away from the crowd, and on top of the wall. Juniper hesitated, he had to jump high again. He had never jumped so high.

Juniper jumped, he managed to reach ontop. He smiled, but quickly turned to a serious face when faced to the leader. The feline in front of Juniper gave a sinister smile, which made Juniper uncomfortable.

They kept on walking further until Juniper couldn't see the crowd no more. The gray tabby sat and so did Juniper. It felt quite chilly on top.

"So, what was it you wanted?" The tabby spoke calmly.

Juniper raised his head, looking straight at the tabby. He hesitated again, feeling the tense in this topic.

"You know Livie, right?"

The tabby nodded slightly.

"The dead cats- Livie and I found a couple of them, and they all were followed by the same scent, she said so. She's been acting suspicious and well panicked when mentioning about you! Why is that?" Juniper asked, he felt the need to run away, but another side of him wanted to stay and face him.

As Juniper spoke, the tabby stopped his sinister smile. He stood up, and unsheathed his front claws.

"Oh dear.. the poor mother, the little dog and the cat, and your best friend.. Oliver," He spoke, smiling again.

Juniper's eyes widen. He was the killer! Juniper could believe his own thoughts, but was afraid to the fact he's right in front of him.