Chapter XXII. TWO THINGS MAKE ME HAPPIEST: PASTA & YOU.

~Chapter XXII.~

TWO THINGS MAKE ME HAPPIEST: PASTA & YOU.

+~<><<<>>><>~+

Germany's P.O.V.

I woke up from the sun gleaming through the windows, looking down to see Italy sleeping soundly beside me. I stared at him (as creepy as that sounds since he's asleep), combing through his messy hair. Everything's become so hectic since my proposal to Italy. France and Italy are always busy with planning, and I can tell it's stressing Feliciano out. Romano and Spain haven't been too cooperative in helping us plan the wedding, but I can't blame them. We've kinda been all of their problems and distractions in their relationship.

Before I could get up to make breakfast, Italy began stretching, sitting up slowly. "Luddy?" He said softly, yawning.

"Guten morgen, Feliciano. Ja, it's me. If you're still tired, I don't mind if you stay in bed while I make breakfast. I know you've been working more than you're used to lately" I told him, smiling.

"Grazie, I'll just lay down for a little more~" Feliciano whispered, cuddling up with the blankets.

I sat there looking at him for a bit before thinking of something. "Italy, why don't we both rest for today? Nothing needs to be rushed anyways, it'll be good for you to relax for a day. I'll call up France and tell him to postpone the cake planning, and we can stay home together".

Italy thought for a second, then grinned. "Sì, that sounds great" Italy replied, and I grinned back at him, kissing his forehead.

"Good, well I'll go start breakfast". Before I could leave the bed, Italy grabbed my shirt.

"Can't you cuddle with me for a while, per favore? Italy mumbled to me, and it took every bone in my body not to attack him.

"Unfortunately, breakfast is an important part of the day, and I'm afraid if I lay with you now, I won't be leaving your side until the evening" I told him, and he began to blush.

"O-Okay, I'll wait here" Feliciano said, leaning up and kissing me softly, giving me a pleasant shock.

I walked downstairs and to the kitchen, pulling out small breads and sausage links with eggs, a breakfast filled with nutrients. But for Italy, I took out pancake mix, knowing he'd want more than just sausage. I started everything on the stove, scrambling the eggs and boiling the sausage. I decided to make only a few pancakes, flipping the ones I had on the stove and putting them on a plate after they finished.

After everything was cooked and separated onto mine and Italy's plates, I turned to see Italy already coming through the kitchen.

"I didn't even have to call you" I said, chuckling.

"I smelled it in my dreams, but then I woke up and realized it was real food" Italy explained, smiling and sitting at the table where I laid his plate down. "Grazie Luddy, this looks delicious~."

"Kein problem, Feli. Make sure to eat the healthy foods too, you need protein for training."

Feliciano made a face at the sausage on his plate, but I watched as he ate it anyways. Whenever I see Italy like this, it amazes me how far we've gone in our relationship. I mean, it's not that I didn't think it'd last, but a few months ago I would get terrified of him sleeping near me because of my feelings. I hate to say something so cheesy, but Italy's really changed my world. I never imagined I'd be fawning over him and watching him happily. It's all so crazy, but yet it's happened so naturally.