Chapter XXV. OUR BIG FAT GERITA WEDDING! pt. 1

~Chapter XXV.~

OUR BIG FAT GERITA WEDDING! pt. 1

+~<><<<>>><>~+

Germany's P.O.V.

I looked into the vanity mirror, fixing my bow tie and running a hand through my hair. My heart was racing like an Italian car, and a huge smile was placed on my face.

"I'm marrying Feli today, I'm marrying Feli today..." I thought over and over, buttoning my suit jacket. As I was checking my outfit, I heard a knock on the door, causing me to jump.

"Come in" I said, turning to see Romano and Prussia enter. 

"Oh hello, why are you both here? Shouldn't you both be ushering?" I questioned, surprised they'd come visit me together. I thought Romano would rather poke a grizzly bear with a stick than associate with someone as prideful as Prussia. No offense to my brother.

"Well, I decided that if I, ze great Prussia, didn't bless you on your vhedding day, then it would surely end in heartbreak and maybe even World War III. Of course, I know this might be overvhelming. Your awesome cool older brother is coming to bless your vhedding, but that's just the amazing person I am..." Prussia continued, but I had stopped listened. Instead I turned to Romano, who was sitting with legs and arms crossed, clearly annoyed by Prussia going on.

"What about you, are you here to bless Italy? I'm not sure where he is" I said, but Romano shook his head.

"No no, that perdente dragged me here with him. Said something about how the two main brothers should show the groom how real men look. I'm pretty sure he was just scared of getting lost by himself in this huge wedding hall" Romano explained, sighing and brushing his hair away from his face.

I nodded, then returned back to finishing getting ready.

"Hey, are you alright?" Romano asked actually seeming concerned.

"Yeah, I am. It's just I never really thought today would come. Y'know, there was a time when I tried to give up on loving Italy, but now all I can think about is how to love him even more" I admitted, turning red. Prussia started yelling something along the lines of "how dare you two talk while the powerful Prussia is!", but we both ignored him.

Romano laughed a bit, resting his head in his hands. "You should've heard how that idiota used to talk about you before you were together. He'd whine on and on about wanting to squeeze you, even though you could easily squish him like a bug. He called you cute and all that bullshit, I was sure he was insane. And when I learned you guys were together, I was traumatized for a while..."

I laughed nervously, blushing even more.

"...but then I saw how happy you made him, and I thought 'this potato bastard isn't the worst person to be near him'" Romano continued, turning his head and becoming embarrassed. I looked over at him, surprised. Was this his way of giving me his blessing?

I smiled, feeling content. "Romano..."

"What, you ass?" Romano questioned defensively.

"I promise I will take care of Feliciano, for this day and every day after until the end of my life" I said, standing up straight.

"Why the hell are you telling this to me? Those sound like stupid vows; save those for Veneziano" Romano said, turning red. But I still took it as his way of blessing our marriage. Before I could say thank you, France burst through the door.

"What are you all doing? Everyone needs to be in their places! Germany, you're walking down the aisle now!'" France exclaimed, grabbing my arm and pulling me along. I checked my hair and suit in the mirror one last time before letting him lead me to the entrance to the wedding hall. My heart wouldn't calm down, but for some reason I felt ready. More ready than I've ever been in my life.