Chapter XIII. A NIGHT OF AMORE OR HEARTBREAK?

~Chapter XIII.~

A NIGHT OF AMORE, OR HEARTBREAK?

+~<><<<>>><>~+

*Romano's P.O.V.*

As soon as I woke up, I jumped surprisingly energetically out of bed, compared to my usual "screw off sunlight" mornings (well it was already 2 in the afternoon but still), and began shuffling through my luggage for an outfit to wear. I mean, of course I didn't care that much what I wore, it's just sciocco Spain, it's not like I'm going on a date with the King of Italy...

But then again, this is Spain, the stupido country I've been in love with for I'm not even sure how many years, the man that was and is probably still in love with my little brother. I have to show him I can be at least a little caring like Italy. I mean, I'm not going to fake and pretend to be just like Italy, sugary and all that crap. No, I want Spain to give me a chance, not a feigned version of myself that's like my brother. Besides, what if, by some complete miracle, he actually gives this relationship a shot? I don't want to go out with him if he expects me to be like my brother. He needs to love me for me or not love me at all.

Damn,
That sounded really girly, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER ROMANO!

I sigh as I slip on some slacks with one of my semi-formal long sleeved button ups. I put on my usual pairs of loafers and went into my room's restroom, where I messed around with my hair until it seemed to look messily attractive. I walked over to my telephone on the nightstand afterwards and dialed a common number to me.

There were a few rings before someone picked up, but they didn't listen at first. I could hear in the back my brother laughing and cheering something like "Come on Ludwig~, just a little kiss~". I silently retched at this until I heard Germany tell Italy to be quiet then cleared his throat.

"Hallo, this is Germany. Wer ist das?" Ludwig answered politely.

"You'd know damn well who this is if you checked the number instead of screwing with my brother, pervertito!" I scolded, letting my bitchiness out on him.

"Ah, it's you Romano, how'd everything go with Spain after we left?"

"It went fine, it's not like I really needed you there" I answered, a bit mad at myself for being so rude, but I couldn't help it, I'm naturally sassy.

"That's good, so what do you need?" Germany asked, a light chuckle escaping his mouth after. What was he laughing at? It did go fine without him.

"I'm going to come over" I said bluntly.

"Ah, why?"

"Because you need to help me plan out my date with Spain."

"What? You're going on a date with him? Congratulations Lovino" Germany said, and I could just sense he was smiling good-willingly.

"No, it's more like a test drive for our relationship. He doesn't know how he feels about me, do he told me we'd try it out. That's why I need your help with planning a good date."

"Oh," Ludwig huffed, clearly disappointed, "well, when is it?"

"At six, in about four hours."

"Okay, then ja, I'll help."

"Alright I'll be right over."

I hung up before hearing a reply, sighing from all the trouble I'm already going through for this 'date'.

After that, I quietly stepped out of my room and left the house, making my way to Germany's and Italy's.

~