XVIII

The bustling of the corridors bred by St. Xavier's college students was neglected by the couple who walked in, hand-in-hand, too snug after their love-making yesterday. And well, St.Xavier's was happy to see them back like that. 

Except for, you know who.

And for Taehyung's eyes to fall on a pissed-off IU was not a coincidence. He wanted to meet her. He passed a glare towards her, which made her roll her eyes as she turned around and left.

Taehyung smiled as he turned towards Jungkook, swinging his hands in his, which drew a smile on Jungkook's face too

"I'll meet you after class, okay? Don't go anywhere and wait for me" Jungkook said as he ruffled Taehyung's hair and kissed him before going to his class.

Taehyung smiled as he waved at Jungkook who was walking and looking at him while waving. As soon as Jungkook was out of sight, Taehyung's smile dropped as a deadly expression appeared on his face. He walked towards the restroom, where he knew he'd find IU.

"You really should know when to stop running for something that's never going to be yours" His voice echoed in the restroom, causing the girl standing in front of him to stop applying lipgloss to her lips and glare towards his way.

"Ahh, isn't it Kim Taehyung, the guy who thinks wearing girly clothes can attract guys towards him" IU sarcastically chuckled as she put her lipgloss inside her purse and snickered at Taehyung who closed the door and walked in.

"Too sad, you're a girl who wears girly clothes but still can't attract any men" Taehyung snorted making IU frown.

"Laugh all you want to, Taehyung, we'll see who's gonna have the last laugh" IU said as she pushed Taehyung away and walked towards the door

"I know you were the one who sent Jungkook misleading photos of me and Lee-Ho. I'm warning you, I don't want you anywhere near my people or I'll ruin your life and make you beg for it" Taehyung crudely spoke.

"The one who'll be on your knees will be you, Taehyung. When I'll slowly strip you off of everything you have that is supposed to be mine" IU growled.

"Okay delulu-ass, keep dreaming" Taehyung shooed her away as she huffed and stormed off.

 __

"Alright, lovelies! Get dresses. Coach is gonna assign new positions to everyone today!" Taehyung announced and the changing room was filled with squeals and whispers.

"We know you're gonna be the captain again, Taehyung!" Everyone hooted with excitement and happiness while Taehyung flashed them a thankful smile.

After changing, everyone lined up in the basketball court, the cheerleaders and the players. Every year, this lineup refreshes Taehyung's memory of how Jungkook and he used to bicker over every little thing while unconsciously fawning over each other and he can't help but smile at the fact that how much their relationship has progressed from then on.

He glanced towards Jungkook who was already looking at him which made him quickly avert his eyes and blush. Jungkook always makes him agitated even after years of knowing him and this always makes him realize that he even he doesn't know how much he actually loves Jungkook.

"Alright everyone, listen up! I'm gonna be announcing the posts and the respected people will separate themselves from the others, do you understand?" The coach announced and got a "yes sir" as a response.

"Captain for the basketball team is Jeon Jungkook, Vice-Captain; Jackson Wang" and so the rest of the team was announced (Okay I'm not a sports expert, and IDK how sport shit works, please ignore TOT).

"The cheerleading team's captain is IU" Everyone gasped upon hearing that since nobody expected IU to become a captain out of nowhere.

IU flashed a smirk towards Taehyung who was standing speechless as he looked at his coach who was eyeing IU as she walked out of the line. 

"But sir?! Why IU?! Wasn't it supposed to be Taehyung since he cleared the tryouts with the first rank?" Everyone asked and the coach rolled his eyes.

"Where's your sportsmanship, guys? Let's give everyone a chance, alright?" The coach shut everyone up as he continued calling out names.

"And where was "give everyone a chance" all these years before IU joined?" They muttered between them but Taehyung was too filled with rage to pay attention to everyone's comments.

"I didn't know you'd go to the extent of sleeping with the coach to put me down" Taehyung spoke to himself as he squinted at the IU who was smirking at her as she stood beside Jungkook.

Jungkook showed her a pressed smile before looking towards Taehyung with a worried expression to make sure he was okay.

But more than getting his captaincy snatched, Taehyung was restless about the fact that IU was standing beside his boyfriend and talking to him.

What if his fears would come true and he won't be able to protect the only person he wishes to be there with him at his worst?