Chapter Eight •Memories•

IMPORTANT: I have added a few new people to lessen the confusion with future activities! You may look at the Character List, or look at the top of the chapters to find the cast list button where you can also find them. I'm not giving any hints other than everyone, maybe more if i need anymore which i will inform you if i do so, that has been added to the cast and charter lists will be applied soon! Enjoy :)

****

-That Night-

~Mias P.O.V.~

Fear nothing but fear itself.

That's what Corey told me to always remember, and even though i had eight guys to protect me right now, i was still horrified. It wasn't the fact of anything was going wrong at the moment, everything was perfectly fine.

We are all just seated around a campfire cooking a rabbit Marcel randomly found and caught on the walk to this little fenced in power line. It was the size of a house, but four large transformers that were hooked up to cables than ran for miles took up most of the room.

It was the fact that the humans mind is bewildered by its surroundings, along with its issues, and begins to make the worst of scenarios.

And that's exactly what my mind was doing at the second. I sat on the pavement of the power transmissions flooring, starring at the fire, lost in my own mind. I could only see flames.

The flames moved back and forth in the air, the smoke radiating off of it and polluting the air slowly. The fire was a mixture of yellow, red and orange.

The red sat at the bottom. The color red showed how badly the wood was being burned as it turned into ashes. The red showed that there was no mercy for the wood, and all it had left to do was burn.

The yellow sat in the middle of the red and orange. It represented the change of motion. The flames went from small to large, changing from red to orange. The red would dwindle down to a faint yellow color, only to be powered back up but the mix of the oxygen and heat the fire radiated.

Then there was the orange. The orange was the most important of the three colors. It was the caution sign. The thing said 'Avoid and you shall live.' That's why the rabbit cooked so fast. The orange was the part that showed that danger was occurring in that area.

All together the three colors reflected the beautiful shine of threat.

"Maddie?" Craig asked, breaking my intense stare into the fire.

"Huh? What?" I asked.

"You've been staring at the fire for ten minutes. That can damage your eyes. Whats bugging you?" He asked.

Every ones glance moved to me. It was like my first performance in elementary school where i was suppose to say a line, but had a panic attack, and some boy pushed me off the stage thinking that would lessen the awkwardness.

He made it look like a part of the play. And after i fell, no one came to pick me up, the show just went on while i layed on the floor crying from scrapping my knees on the ruff carpet of the performance arena.

I hated that kid.

He ruined my acting career. That play was recorded and played on live TV. I was made a fool. The worst part is that i was the person who began the play. I was the narrator. And our teacher didn't even care that they pushed me. Once i hit the floor, my understudy ran to the stage and stole my place.

That night Corey and his friends had to go to a skateboarding championship.

My mom thought that was a little more important, especially sense my performance was being aired, and she could just watch it again when it came back on the next day.

I explained what happened at the show to Corey. He was pissed, and didn't want my mom to see me fall and embarrass myself, so he purposely broke his arm that morning climbing a tree, and me and my mom were at the hospital with him all day.

Ill never forget Corey sticking up for me like that.

"Maddie!" Craig yelled.

"S-sorry. Just thinking about the past." I said quickly.

"You need to leave the past behind you. Things like that will hold you back from the future. Make my make stupid decisions and ruin things for future purposes." Tyler said harshly.

"Common. Lets get some rest, we have a long walk to Pandas tomorrow." Evan said grabbing my hand and walking behind a near-by transformer.

He layed down, patting the place in front of where his back lay against the transformer. I layed down, my back against his chest. His arm went over my waist as i bent my elbow, my head laying on it like a pillow.

I felt Evans hair with my fingers, and began to play with it. I felt my body shiver as the wind blew by us. Evan sat up, pealing off his red jacket and laying it over my legs that sat exposed.

"Thanks Evan." I said laying towards him.

I kissed his cheek sweetly as he put his arms back around me, pulling me into his chest. I fell asleep moments later, dreaming about how my brothers would have handled this situation.

****

A/N:

Hiya!

I hope you all enjoyed!

Please pay attention to the important message at the beginning of this chapter, and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask!

Thank you!

~Kaylee