Chapter One •Bloody Boys•

{Before you begin reading this, please know things like shaving and periods, along with most body care does not apply in this story. Read on!}

***

~Maddies P.O.V.~

The four boys i loved and called my brothers, though only one was brother by blood, layed on the floor in a deep slumber. They would only wake to be apart of the dead, just like the rest of the city. Blood dripped from their necks as the gash from the zombie bite indented their skin, teeth marks clear as day.

The gash from the bites so deep, you could make out their blue veins that went running downwards towards their wrists. Their clothes were all stained with blood, and the horrible scent made me cry more that i already was.

I knew i needed to pack up and leave soon before they were to turn. They would come straight for me if they did turn quickly, so i had to hurry.

I made my way into the room that me and my brother shared, grabbing a large backpack, and filling it with as much supplies that could fit inside the thing.

I grabbed a small pile of clothes, my hair-brush and tooth-brush, two first aid kits, and as much food i could make fit in the little space. I ran over to my brothers nightstand, grabbing his map that he never let me touch unless of an emergency, and i believe this is a major one, along with his journal full of tips and tricks to help me stay alive that hes written down for future preferences.

Thank God he did that, too.

As i re-adjusted the large, oversized hoodie of his, i tossed the backpack over my shoulders, making my way through the kitchen, grabbing a large bottle of water, and saying my last good-byes to my brother, Corey, and his three best friends, which were Colby, Steven, and Julien. It wasent even a real good-bye.

****

-A Few Hours Of Walking Later-

The thing that made me question was where the zombies, that had killed my family, had gone. They weren't anywhere in the house, and i would have seen them while i was rummaging through the few piles of supplies, looking for small things i could take that had multiples to it so that it would all fit in my backpack.

As my old, dirt-stained Converse tapped quietly on the road as i walked, i pulled out my brothers scroll-like map. I read his neat, yet boyish, handwriting, following the red path that was the rode on the map.

I was headed towards town. The best idea i had of staying alive was going to my enemy's that stayed in the middle of the city.

Evans crew.

They all hate me, except for one. That's Craig, but the only reason he doesn't hate me is because my brother and him use to be friends. That is, until Evan came in and made Craig one of his two tech boys.

Craig always really liked computers, and would prefer to be working with technology than going out and playing a sport, though he was pretty good at football at times. He was a really good friend of Corey's, and was like another brother to me, but because of Evan, he could never act like that friend he use to be.

He was now an enemy, just as the others.

I know what your thinking. Why am i going to try and befriend my enemy's when there's a huge chance they will just kill me to stay top-dogs?

I don't really have a choice. I would much rather die from my enemy's, than die from being eaten by a zombie. I mean, what choice do i have really?

Its either: Die a loner, or die a try-er.

{Which one would you choose?}

I'm not dieing alone.