Chapter Nine •Old Friends, New Enemies•

-Walking on the Dirt Trail the Next Morning-

~Maddies P.O.V.~

I ate a fucking bird.

It was a pretty blue Robbin, too, oh my God i feel so horrible. What if it had a family!? I killed the mom or dad!

Wow, i feel like a horrible person.

We have managed to not run into any walkers sense we left this morning, and that was only one guy zombie who had half his head missing.

It was so gross, i nearly threw up what little bird i ate.

Which wasn't much, because I'm not really into eating certain animals such as birds and fish. I felt bad even eating deer, even though deer meat was seriously healthy for you because that was no fat in it anywhere, and helps with a bunch of medical things.

It just felt wrong.

"Still thinking about that bird?" Scotty chuckled while elbowing me.

"I feel so bad for eating that little thing." I sighed.

"That's what happens in this world today, Maddie, you cant help but not starve. You had no choice." Evan said.

True.

"Still." I said staring at the ground as i walked.

"Shit! Look out!" Lui screeched as five walkers came hurtling towards us.

"Maddie get behind that tree!" Marcel yelled pointing at a tree to the left of the zombies.

I ran over as the guys pulled out their shotguns, sending bullets flying into the zombies heads as they fell, dieing for the last time, never to return to this planet. I hid behind the tree, looking towards the guy until i heard movement behind me.

A guy walker that was missing an arm was struggling on his weak legs, stumbling towards me. I screamed my head off as it came closer.

"Maddie!" Evan yelled.

Soon i heard a gun shot fly ahead of me. The bullet went straight through the zombies head, and into a tree about three feet to the left of us. The zombie dropped on the ground before me.

I looked over to the right where a small group of three guys stood. They all had rifles in hand, aimed straight at the guys with me, shooting down the remaining walkers in a second.

"Anthony!" Craig cheered at the guy in a solid gray t-shirt.

"Hey, man." He said doing a guy hug with Craig.

I stood with my back against the tree in horror, staring at the dead zombie. My body shook looking at the dead thing. Its body almost decaying into the ground right then and there.

"Maddie!" Tyler called out to me. "Come meet the guys were staying with for a little bit!"

Great.

I ran over to Evan and the guys still shaking. Evan grabbed me by the waist, pulling me into his chest in a breath taking hug as if he would never see me again.

"You okay?" He whispered into my ear as i nodded.

We both entered into the small conversation between both the groups. Everyone having something to say.

"What happened?" A guy with a accent like Davids asked.

"A humongous pack of zombies showed up at the hotel, so we made a run for it." Said Jonathan.

"How many?" A guy with a American accent asked.

"Almost a hundred." Lui said sighing in safety.

"Wow. Well, come on innnnn." Another guy with an American accent, the one in the solid gray t-shirt.

"Is Mae here?" Asked Lui.

"Yep, her and Judy both." Said the guy with the accent.

Mae?

Judy?

"Oh, Maddie. This is Anthony, Brian, and Cody." Marcel said pointing at the boy with the gray t-shirt, then the guy with the accent like Davids, and then the one with the American accent.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Maddie?" Asked Brian. "Maddie James? Corey James little sister?"

"I thought you guys hated her?" Asked Anthony.

"We do." Said Jonathan harshly.

"No we don't." Said Evan. "Corey and the guys were killed, so Maddie came to us. Shes pretty helpful actually."

"Are you two dating?" Asked Cody as he pointed to Evans arm around me.

"No, I'm just keeping her safe." Said Evan.

"Shes just a slave." Said Jonathan.

Douche-bag much?

"Not really." Craig defended.

I walked in silence as the boys made little conversations on the way to were they stayed. We walked for about twenty more minutes, Evans arm around me the entire time, before walking up to a large log cabin that sat on a steep hill. There was a path way leading upwards to the cabin, but it was still steep.

"Dammit. I forgot about this dick of a hill." Tyler complained.

"Oh, you ll be fine, Tyler." Scotty laughed.

"I don't know. I'm so tall, and my big head might pull me backwards." He said.

"Way to have faith in yourself." I joked.

"Seriously, man." Evan agreed.

"Whatever." Tyler chuckled.

"If i fall, you guys better catch me." Tyler turned backwards to tell Marcel and David as they only nodded in response.

"So, Judy's here now." Evan said. "Hows she been?"

"Great. Annoying with both her and Mae put together." Said Brian.

"Mae's not annoying!" Lui defended.

"Your only saying that because you still like her!" Craig laughed.

"Yeah, well, shes a beautiful girl. How could you not like her." Said Lui in his squeaker voice.

We walked up the steep hill, Evan kind of pulling me as i would slide a little every once in a while on the grass. We walked in, the cool air hitting us with delight. Everyone began taking seats. Right as i took mines, and Evan was about to take the seat next to me, a girl tackled him.

A girl with bright hazel eyes and long brown hair layed on top of Evan, kissing him everywhere on his face while squealing.

{BTW: I don't actually know what Judy looks like, so i made a huge guess, so don't hate me if I'm wrong. I don't think any ones seen her because she was only a COD BOPS player. Oh! And i have nothing against her, i laugh a lot at her in Evans COD videos because the worst always happened to her, but yeah!..}

I knew right off the bat, me and this girl were not gonna get along.

****

A/N:

Ohhh! Maddies jealous!!

I added new people, so i hope you enjoyed!

Thank you!

~Kaylee