Chapter 23 • Training To The Death •

• Madison's P.O.V. •

I couldn't believe it, my brother, my family, my only family, betrayed me! I thought they were all dead, because from the looks of it all they looked pretty much lifeless. I just couldn't find an answer as to why he would ever even try to do this to me!

I was tied up to chair in an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere.

"Well sorry for leaving you so lonely for hours but I had to pay my father a visit." I heard Ivy's voice echo. "Men, leave us." She waved everyone off and they all walked away. "The rest are about exactly in these coordinates okay." She handed one a map as he walked away.

"Straight to business." She said as she stood right I front of me.

I weakly looked up at her and she stood her ground staring straight down into my soul.

"I really don't want to this." She said as she drew her knife out from a pocket inside her coat.

When the hell did she get a coat? She has a new attire and everything.

I lightly felt the ice cold blade of the knife on my throat as I started breathing unevenly.

I couldn't really say anything since I had a cloth tied around my mouth.

She stood back straight up and walked behind me slowly dragging the knife around my neck.

I heard her grunt as she swung her knife and for a fact I thought I was dead but I only felt the ropes fall of my wrists.

She then walked over to Mae who was in the same state I was in and she ripped her ropes with the knife.

"I need you two to help me." She said as she ran her fingers on the knife's blade then walked back to me and ran the knife down my face. She lifted her arm up and I closed my eyes shut thinking she was going to end my life but I just felt the cloth disappear from my face. "Oops I kinda scratched your pretty face." She said.

I raised my hand up to my cheek and I felt the blood drip. "What makes you think we'll ever help you." I said shakily.

"If you don't, you don't live." She threatened. "Now. I'm just going to need you as bait but never the less as partners. See we females need to get together." She said making me scoff.

"And if we don't?" I said.

"Again. You won't live!" She said through her teeth.

"Where's Lui?" Mae asked frightened. 

"They are training for what is about to happen." She said like if the world was really about to be over for good.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Marcus, the guy we're going after, he used to be one of my ex's."

I gasped lightly. "Thought you said Evan and Droidd were your only two?"

"I lied. Okay, after Evan and I, I had seen about three guys. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that he killed mine and Evans's and my men's family and he has to pay. He has a weak spot for us females which is why I came to you two, and why you two aren't dead. Yet." She explained.

"And we are going to do what?" I said.

"That's where training for you come into place." Have you guys eaten before we came?" She said standing up from the ground where she was sitting.

"No." Mae said.

"Oh well let's go and get food." She said and started walking away.

Me and Mae shared a look of I don't know. Or what the hell happened? before we followed.

After a few hours of walking through nothing but a forest and going uphill and downhill, we reached a huge cabin and a lake on the side.

I was out breathe, so was Mae. We were so tiered we couldn't afford to walk further.

As for Ivy, she looks like she can run from coast to coast in a day.

"Where are we?" I breathed out as a fell to the ground and blacking out.

— Ivy's P.O.V —

"They both passed out. Oops." I chuckled lightly as slowly dropped both of Mae's and Maddie's body on the floor inside the cabin.

"Ivy-" Evan came up to me, sweat covering his shirtless body.

I raised an eyebrow clearing my throat as I crossed my arms and telling myself to not stare at his toned abs.

"-why are you training us to the max?" He said as he picked his lips.

"You aren't even prepared for the actual training." I laughed. "What you all are doing isn't even a quarter of the training I give my men!" I yelled so all of them can hear me.

"What?" I heard Tyler say as he was out of breathe.

Corey chuckled. "Ah, we still have to wait to be pushed to way out of our zones." He was out breathe too.

"Exactly. Your last training will be against me. In about a week." I said I drew my knife out of my pockets.

"Are you kidding me! I have to fight you again!" Julien whined.

"No fucking way we're fighting again, I almost died!" Steven was the next to complain.

I laughed. "Please. You weren't bound to die on me Steven, that shot was two inches from your heart."

He rolled his eyes. "This time your not getting through me sis."

"Oh shut it. I'll make sure put five bullets through you again." I chuckled lightly and rolled my neck to get the satisfying popping noise.

"Have people actually died from training with you?" I looked over at Evan who asked.

"Not a lot." Corey answered for me.

I nodded and pointed at Corey before I walked away.

"How come you don't get to train!" I heard Marcel yell at me.

I looked over my shoulder and scoffed. "Because this is too easy for me." I rolled my eyes, "Are you trying to challenge me?"

"Yeah?" He said or more like questioning himself.

"Done. Tomorrow morning. Three in the morning outside." I said dropping my knife right in front of Marcel's feet and walked away.