Chapter 18

Lizzie's pov

I woke up with Y/Ns arms around sighing with content. I was getting goosebumps where he was rubbing his hands up and down my back, sending shivers down my spine. As soon as he spoke up, his raspy tired voice giving me butterflies as he spoke. "Hey baby, we need to get up to get ready for the party."

"Nooo. Im too comfy" I whined. He chuckled at my whiny behaviour as he continued to trace patterns on my back. It was until what he had said actually sunk in that I had jumped up. I quickly looked at my phone on the night stand that read 5.45pm and the party started at 8pm

"shit, we have to start getting ready" I said as Y/N just laughed at my sudden change in pace as I sat up quickly. I hadn't really chosen what I was wearing, so I was kind of panicking a little. As I was looking through frantically through my closet to find something to wear, I could hear Y/N still laughing.

"Hey what are you laughing at?"
I asked him sternly with narrowed eyes.

"just at how cute you are when your panicking." He said as he started to get up from the bed.

"well do you know what you're wearing then." I asked him as I popped my head out of the closet to look at his smug smile.

"Yeah I do." He told me as he came over and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"well since you already know, go and shower first. I still need to decide what I'm wearing." I told him with a glare as I threw a towel at him.

"okay, I'm going now." He said as he retreated to the bathroom which just made me giggle. I quickly ran over to see what he was wearing tonight so I can kind of match him. So after seeing what colours wouldn't clash with his grey shirt and black trousers I decided to go with a dark green dress with back heels. After he had finished in the shower I went to quickly shower and after I had done my hair and make up I got dressed and looked at the time to see that it was 7.30pm. As I had made my way downstairs to the living room, he just stared at me with admiration in his eyes.

"you look stunning baby." He said as I pulled him in for a gentle kiss.

"not looking to bad yourself Y/L/N" I told him with a bright smile.

"how are we getting there? Would you like me to drive." He asked me with a look of slight confusion.

"no its OK, I'll order us and uber" I told him as I pulled out my phone from my purse.

"ok baby." He said as he gave me a quick kiss before going to sit on the sofa to wait.

After a while our uber had pulled up outside. As we made our way to the car he held the door open for me before sliding in himself next to me. On the way there I noticed that his leg was bouncing up and down, so I put my hand on his knee hoping to calm his nerves. "Hey its going to be fine." I told him with a reassuring smile.

"I hope so. Im just really nervous" he said as he intertwined our hands.

"you literally get shot at for a living and a party is what scares you" I said with a giggle which made him look up at me with a gentle smile.

"well bullets are easier and more predictable. Party's aren't." He said as he brought my hand up to his lips to press a kiss to my knuckles causing me to blush.

"it will be fine. Its just a marvel get together with the cast and friends. They're all really good people." I reassured him with a soft smile.

Before he could reply we had pulled up outside and I gave his knee a reassuring squeeze and a peck on the cheek. He got out first and held the door and helped me out of the car. I noticed Scarlett and Brie both standing in the doorway both with smirks on the faces. When we had reached the door Brie introduced herself first.