Chapter 8 "Not Right Now"

Early Morning 

Altus Paris

Ruthven's hobby cabinet

This time Domi was not here, but Luca and Jeanne were at the cabinet. Domi was gone but it was a mystery what was the real reason for her absence now. Ruthven was sitting at his table with closed eyes, listening to excited noises that Noe was making all around his cabinet. It was a different cabinet where Lord was resting out of his work.

- I see that you are really excited being here, Noe, - said Ruthven with a smile on his face. Noe happily nodded a few more times, looking at the machine that was standing behind the lattice. Lord laughed and got up from the table, coming to him and starting a conversation about it. The vampire of the blue moon rolled her eyes and sat down on the couch. Vanitas who sitting in the chair in the corner of the room opened his eyes and looked at them with a cold glance.

- I apologize for the interruption, but can we cat to the business now, - said Vanitas with a tired voice. Noe and Ruthven turned around and looked at him.

- Well, yes it would be a good idea, - said Ruthven coming to his table and placing a hand on the surface of his table, -  About what happened at the ball, based on [y/n] and Luca's words, you did a great job, but now what do you want to do with curse bearers, Vanitas? 

- Firstly, I want to see a queen, - after Vanitas said that, everyone gave him a surprised look. The vampire of the blue moon choked on saliva and looked at unemotional Ruthven's face, - I mean why not? Is your pleasant queen even alive, huh? Let me just talk to her, what is the problem? 

Vanitas came closer to Ruthven and stood in front of him, waiting for his answer. Everyone could feel how the tension raised between them. Lord's aura appeared around him. Ruthven squeezed Vanitas' throat and take him in the air. Seeing this, Luca got up and wanted to come to Ruthven, but the vampire of the blue moon was faster than him. She tightly hugged Ruthven, closing her eyes. Noe wanted to take her away, but Jeanne stopped him. The aura around Ruthven exploded, injuring Vanitas and her. Noe and Jeanne flew to the wall on fell to the ground. 

- I will never let you say any bad words about the queen, human, that is enough from you, with your attitude you are prohibited from entering this place, - Ruthven's voice was cold and passive-aggressive like he was ready to start a fight here. Lord felt someone's arms that were wrapping him. Ruthven looked down and saw her hugging him. She raised her head. Ruthven saw blood lines on her head and lip. His eyes softened and he took his hand away from Vanitas' throat and hugged her back.

- Please, don't do that, his attitude can be awful, but please, - her eyes were begging him. He could see how she was on the way to cry. Luca was looking at them in shock as well as everyone else, - Please, Ruthven.

- I might tolerate William's behavior, but he is a human, so I don't want to see him here as well as he shouldn't be here in the first place, - even Ruthven's voice was cold, she could hear how he softened under her hug. Lord took a part of her hair from her face, wiping the blood line away from her forehead. She nodded and put her head on his chest, exhaling.

- William? - asked Luca, looking at Lord.

- Please, don't use this name around her, dear Luca, I will tell you about it later, - said Lord. Luca nodded and got to Jeanne helping her to get up. However, everyone, including Noe was surprised by the way he treated her. it was almost like he treated her better than Luca. Noe stood up and looked at them, opening his mouth. Ruthven stroked her back and exhaled. She made a step back, protecting Vanitas behind her back. Even she was closer to Ruthven than Vanitas, Vanitas' face was in worse condition. Vanitas put a hand on her shoulder, making her flinch and look back at him.