XVIII

Link and Ganondorf travelled for three days straight on foot from the Skyview Spring in Akkala to the cliffs above Tanagar Canyon, heading towards Hebra Summit. They had no idea that there was a battle up ahead near Tabantha Village and that Link would soon find out the true power of the Triforce of Courage.

Link and Ganondorf sat by a campfire on the northern cliffs that surrounded the Tanagar Canyon. They decided to rest here before continuing to Tabantha Village at dawn.

"Exactly what is your plan once you get the full Triforce?" Ganondorf asked the young hero.

"I have no clue. I heard from Zelda that I am supposed to visit the Spectral Kingdom once I have completed my journeys." Link answered uncertainly.

This made the Demon King cock his head in confusion. "Zelda doesn't know about your trials?" he asked curiously.

"I was specifically asked not to explain my circumstances to anyone else other than you and the Hero of Time." he replied with a hint of annoyance.

"I see. So she just thinks that you are on some random entourage to one of the outer settlements to handle some monster hoardes?" the king asked.

A/N: I will refer to Ganondorf as the ling as well because it is rather obvious that Link isn't talking to King Rhoam.

"I guess." the hero answered simplistically.

They sat in silence until Link started to get tired. Ganondorf offered to keep watch and Link shrugged with acceptance.

-----

Link woke up to find that Ganondorf was studying the Master Sword rather closely.

"Good morning." Link yawned.

"Morning. Does this thing still work?" Ganondorf asked, referring to the Master Sword.

"Not for sealing evil, that purpose was fulfilled when I sealed away the Calamity. I keep it around just for the added safety and reliance of the Zonai Crystal somehow malfunctions." Link answered.

"Calamity Ganon was strong magic, you know. That took a lot of my power." Ganondorf scolded.

"That sounds like your problem." Link retorted sassily.

Ganondorf quirked an eyebrow and subsided into silence.

Easy to make him stop and think. Were the past heroes just stupid or something? Just make a sassy and intelligent comment and the dude actually just goes brain dead. Link laughed to himself.

They quickly packed up and began the walk towards Tabantha Village. It wasn't too long before the rocky terrain began to shift to coarse soil and eventually to snow amd permafrost.

Up ahead, however, they heard yells, swords clanging, and the typical sounds of warfare.

They ran forward to find a battle just outside of the village. An entire army of monsters versus the Rito army and the Hebra Branch of the Hylian army. There were bokoblins, moblins, and lizalfos fighting against the army, who was outnumbered 1 to 4.

"Ganondorf, can you fight well?" Link asked calmly and quickly.

"Yes, of course. I have the Triforce of Power." the king answered.

Without any further inquiry, the pair surged into battle and they began fighting off the hoardes.

Ganondorf fought with blasts of red magic and electricity. Link fought with the green blasts of the Zonai Crystal's magic.

An instinct curled up inside Link. He concentrated on his hand, and a glowing triangle appeared.

A burst of golden magic and a shock wave spilled out across the battlefield. Lightning struck the surrounding enemies and the numbers quickly dropped. Soon the Hylian/Rito army outnumbered the monsters.