06 | the bad boy bathes

06

the bad boy bathes

"ITS TIME." AKARI let out a breath. "You are stinking up the room. You need to take a bath. So, get up." Akari pulled the sheets off the grumbling Julian Jones, who curled himself up into a tiny ball.

Akari leaned forward, observing his closed eyes before looking at the wounds on his chest. They were healing but they were doing it slowly. It's the best Akari could do.

Akari had discovered another wound last night on his leg, near his ankle, it was swollen and so red and she cursed herself for not noticing it before. She had treated it immediately.

"Like what you see?"

Akari immediately straightened up, glaring at the smirking man before her. His lazy eyes and tousled hair made her flush red.

Akari never really has any experience with the male species when it comes to feelings. She had a crush on a nerd in middle school but that's it. She didn't even have any male friends. Julian Jones was the only male that she had been in contact with for this long.

"No." Akari crossed her arms across her chest. "You are bruised and you stink."

Julian's smirk dropped and it was Akari's turn to smile as she walked off to the bathroom before turning behind to see if he's getting up. He was slowly getting up, rubbing his eyes, and yawning.

Akari's smile widened at the sight before she entered the bathroom. Getting the tub ready with warm water, she stayed for a few minutes, checking if the temperature is right enough. Once she felt it was good enough, Akari turned around to see Julian leaning against the doorframe with his hands across his chest.

Something about the way he was standing made her heart skip a beat. Something about the way he had a lop-sided grin on his devastatingly handsome face made her breath hitch. Something about the way his body seemed too perfect to be real made her cheeks flush.

"C-come here." Akari wanted to mentally slap herself for stuttering. "Sit in the tub. It's warm enough. There's a towel there. You can wear the t-shirts, sweatpants and the u-underwear I bought yesterday for you. I will be outside."

"Stay here." Julian immediately added, one hand leaning against the sink as he scratched the back of his neck. "I might need help."

"What do you need my help for?" Akari asked, standing up from her crouched position. At that point, she realised how enclosed the space in the bathroom was and how the distance between her and Julian was just two solid steps away.

"Just in case." Julian hopped a step towards the tub, which automatically makes the distance closer. Akari's heart picked up its beat. Things she didn't notice before about Julian, she was noticing now. Like the small mole under his lips, the slant of his nose, the softness of his hair which was always hidden under his classic black bucket hats. His chiseled form would normally have any woman on their feet.

"I will sit on the stool." Akari sighed, turning her back towards him as she heard the sound of a zipper. Her cheeks flushed brightly as she pressed her lips into a thin line. She took her place on the small wooden stool as the sound of water splashing made her tense up.

"Soap is on the right." Akari spoke, wanting to break the tension in the small room.

"Saw it." Julian spoke, a teasing tone underlying it—something he has been doing a lot recently.