29 | the bad boy captured

29.

the bad boy captured

AS AKARI STOOD outside Ethan's office, her heart hammered in her chest with a mixture of anticipation and dread. Ethan had texted her earlier to come quickly to the office. She feared what news Ethan had to deliver, worried that it might bring more pain and uncertainty into their already tumultuous lives.

Fleur sensed Akari's trepidation and placed a gentle hand on her arm, offering a reassuring smile. "Whatever it is, Akari, we'll face it together," she said, her voice calm and steady. "We've come this far, and we won't let anything stand in the way."

Akari nodded, drawing strength from Fleur's words and the unwavering support she offered. With a deep breath, she pushed open the door to Ethan's office, steeling herself for whatever lay ahead.

Akari and Fleur entered Ethan's office with a sense of urgency, their brows furrowed with concern as they noticed his stressed demeanor. The rain pelted against the windows, a reflection of the turmoil raging within them. Akari's heart ached with the absence of Julian, her thoughts consumed by the fear of what lay ahead.

"Ethan, what's going on?" Akari asked, her voice tinged with apprehension. Fleur nodded in agreement, her expression mirroring Akari's concern.

Ethan closed the door behind them, his features set in determination. "I've called this meeting because there have been some significant developments in Julian's case," he explained, his voice laden with urgency. "Several individuals have reached out to me, expressing their desire to aid Julian in his legal battle."

Akari's heart skipped a beat at the mention of Julian's name, a surge of hope mingling with the despair that threatened to overwhelm her. "Who are these people?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Akari's heart clenched at the mention of Julian's name, a flood of emotions crashing over her like a tidal wave. The weight of his absence bore down on her, the ache of longing gnawing at her soul. She couldn't bear the thought of Julian languishing behind bars, his innocence overshadowed by false accusations and deceit.

As Ethan hesitated, Akari's anxiety intensified, her mind racing with fear and uncertainty. She felt as though she were teetering on the edge of a precipice, her entire world hanging in the balance. Every fiber of her being yearned for Julian's freedom, for the chance to prove his innocence and reclaim their shattered lives.

"Are you familiar with the car repair shop on Elmwood Avenue?" Ethan inquired, his gaze shifting between Akari and Fleur. Akari nodded in acknowledgment. "And the boxing ring on Main Street?" Ethan continued, prompting Akari to confirm her knowledge of the location.

"Yeah, Julian used to frequent those places," Akari began, a hint of curiosity in her voice. "But what does that have to do with the current situation?" Her brows furrowed with confusion as she awaited Ethan's explanation, her mind racing with possibilities.

"So," Ethan paused. "Pete is one of the mechanics that works in the repair shop and Hank is the owner of the boxing ring," Ethan breathed out.

As Ethan spoke, Akari's thoughts raced back to the times Julian had mentioned Pete and Hank in passing, recounting anecdotes from his days at the car repair shop and the boxing ring.

Akari murmured, her voice tinged with realization. "Julian used to mention about Pete and Hank in his stories."

"Do they have something to say? If they were close to Julian, their testimony holds significant weight," Fleur observed, her mind already strategizing how to leverage this information in Julian's defense.