12 | the bad boy chugs

12

the bad boy chugs

"LET'S GET DRUNK!" Akari exclaimed, holding up two bottles of beer in front of a stunned and confused Julian Jones— who was slowly sitting up straight on her bed.

Ok, let me explain the situation from the beginning.

In reality, Akari didn't know how to deal with this day. Ha-eun used to be right by her side, but now that she's not here, Akari feels lost. Ha-eun left for the airport just half an hour ago. Akari spent the next half hour walking around the living room, trying to figure out what to do. Her nerves were on fire as the minutes passed, a constant reminder of what today meant. Even though she pretended to be strong whenever Ha-eun asked if she would be okay, Akari felt like she was hurting inside, like a part of her was slowly fading away.

Alcohol seemed like the best solution.

And, it has been long since she has gotten drunk.

"Why....?" Julian dragged, rubbing his eyes before looking at the clock. "It's ten in the morning."

"I know." Akari hopped her way to the bed, placing the beer bottles beside him. "So what? Nobody said you can't get drunk in the morning."

"But, why?" Julian asked again, watching Akari pour herself a cup before pouring one in another cup.

"Because..." Akari's eyes met his and she gulped, suddenly feeling lost before she looked away, grabbing the cup and pushing it towards Julian's hands. "It's a special day. No more questions."

"What special da—"

"No more questions." Akari pointed her finger towards his chest. "Shush." She added with a stern look that made Julian nod slowly before taking a sip from his cup.

"Ha-eun won't be here for the next three days. She's gone for an internship program." Akari said as she walked towards the bedroom door. "Which means..." She paused dramatically, "We have the whole apartment to ourselves and you can finally come out of my bedroom."

Julian's eyes widened at the sudden news as he slowly got up and sauntered towards the door. "So, we have the entire apartment to ourselves? For the next three days? And, since it's the weekend, you will be staying here for all three days?"

"Yup." Akari popped the 'p' as she plopped down heavily on the living room couch before turning back to give Julian an inviting smile.

Julian walked out of the bedroom and looked around the living room. Although he has seen it before, this was the first time he gets to see every detail. There were pictures of Ha-eun and Akari everywhere, hanging around the walls.

Julian walked towards the living room couch, settling down beside Akari before nodding, "Ok, let's get drunk."

And then, they drank until their stomachs were full, and they forgot their names. Time passed by like a blur, and Akari turned on some music – not too loud to disturb the neighbors, just enough for the two of them to enjoy. As the alcohol seeped through their systems, the best of their brains switched off, and everything felt like a hazy dream. Their eyes lagged whenever their heads spun to look somewhere. Slowly, the two alcohol bottles were empty and lying somewhere on the rug.

Akari jumped on the couch to the beat of Ariana Grande's latest hit song and Julian was pretending to play an air guitar, as usual, shirtless. Their cheeks were flushed red and their words were slurred. Their slowed motor skills caused their unbalanced walking as Akari stumbled to the kitchen to drink some water.

As Akari watched Julian now pretending to play the drums, she had a devilish idea pop up in her mind. Before she could think through, there was water-drenched through Julian's body as he froze, an empty cup in Akari's hand as she laughed out loud.

It, of course, soon turned into a water fight. With both of them wet and heaving, Akari halted the skirmish once the floor became so wet that they couldn't walk without slipping down on their bums. Akari tossed her top off, hitting somewhere she didn't know, and sauntered around in her pink bra. Lazily, she picked up a mop to clean the floor until she felt hands circling the bare skin of her stomach, pulling her down.

She was currently lying on the kitchen counter, head on Julian's right arm and Julian was lying beside her, mumbling to her about stars.

"I need to clean the floor," Akari tried to get up but her body felt weak and she didn't want to clean the kitchen floor. She wanted to stay by Julian's side on the kitchen counter and sleep.

"You need to learn about staffs," Julian slurred, "Stars," He corrected himself, a finger dancing in the air as he pointed towards the single light hanging in the middle of the kitchen.

"Whyyyy?" Akari asked, pouting as she felt the wetness of her bare skin come in contact with the chill air of the room. Goosebumps erupted on her skin and she moved closer to Julian's body for warmth but to only find him even wetter.

"Stars," Julian spoke as Akari turned to look at him. His wet hair fell in strands in front of his gorgeous eyes. "They are beautiful, aren't they?"

"Yeah," Akari nodded, watching his eyes sparkle with fascination at the white ceiling as if they were lying in a blanket underneath a sky of stars.

"Esther means 'Star'," Julian said, his whole body turning to face her and Akari turned her head to look at him, faces inches away. She could feel his breath fall on her lips and a shiver ran down her spine and it wasn't because of the wetness.

"Esther?" Akari asked, rubbing her eyes tiredly before looking back at the dark eyes watching her.

"My mom." Julian explained and Akari nodded slowly, trying to understand each word the handsome boy lying beside her was saying out of his pretty pink lips. "Esther Jones." Julian added, face turning away to mouth the next words loudly, "The star of my life," He winked playfully and Akari chuckled, feeling herself becoming sleepy.

"What does your name mean?" Julian asked, looking back at her and their faces were back to being inches away again, Akari felt immensely satisfied with the distance.

"Akari means light," She paused, her eyes closing shut and her mind in a state of mess as she smiled.

"You are the light of my life," Julian spoke softly and Akari's eyes opened to look at his dark eyes. There was a single emotion swirling in those darkness and Akari's eyes were too blurry from sleep to understand what they meant. But, as the sentence slowly registered in her mind, another voice— another very familiar voice spoke the same words to her and Akari immediately sat up straight, alert and wide awake as her head hurt from the sudden movement.

She clutched her forehead, hearing a groaning Julian behind her as she walked to her bedroom, holding the walls and furniture for support. Her heart started to burn at the reminder of what today meant, she felt drained in her intoxicated state but she needed to do this because she believed it was the only way for her.

She has to go.

━━━━━━━━━━

Thoughts on what's going to happen next? Where is she going to go? What just happened?