11 | the bad boy captures

11

the bad boy captures

"FLEUR AND I," Ha-eun paused as she stood in front of over twenty Kappa Thi Theta members with her hands holding Fleur's. "We are officially a couple." She grinned, eyes almost hiding with how wide her smile was as Fleur had a matching expression on her face. They both turned to look at each other and Ha-eun seemed like she was fascinated just by looking at Fleur's petite face.

It was heartwarming.

Happy squeals erupted and a yell of 'Congratulations' from across the room echoed as everyone went to hug the new couple. Akari was leaning against the door frame while watching everything unfold as she smiled, already expecting the news when she had received a mysterious text from Ha-eun to come to Kappa Thi Theta house earlier.

Akari considered Fleur to be one of her close friends as well. Ever since Ha-eun had laid eyes on Fleur when they first joined Kappa Thi Theta, she couldn't stop talking about her. It was during their second year when they finally were able to talk without getting all shy. It was way too tiring for Akari to see them getting timid and never speaking that she had to meddle in.

By that time, the entire of Kappa Thi Theta knew about these two lovebirds who were just too timid to make the next step. It was cute.

Inviting Fleur to hangouts along with a few others made progress but Ha-eun was a coward when it comes to Fleur and Akari was embarrassed by her best friend when it came to times like those.

They finally made progress at the mid of their third year when Ha-eun saw someone flirt with Fleur. It worked like magic. They both started texting and slowly bonded and then now here we are!

"Pizza's here!" Fleur clapped as she opened the door. "It's our treat." She added as she took the boxes from the delivery man's hands. Everyone moved towards the table, cheering and Akari noticed some exchanging money with each other for bets on those two.

Akari was a tad bit disappointed with herself that she didn't think of using this opportunity to earn some cash herself. She would have won the bet.

Akari felt a hand grab her wrist and pull her. "So?" Ha-eun whisper-yelled, eyes sparkling with excitement. "Are you proud of me?" She smiled and Akari chuckled, teasingly patting the top of Ha-eun's head. "Yes, I'm proud of you. I raised you well."

Ha-eun rolled her eyes, nonetheless smiling. As everyone was enjoying the pizza and settling down on the table and couches, Ha-eun gave Fleur a small smile. Akari could feel the way Ha-eun melts every-time Fleur looks at her.

It was heartening to see love happening right in front of you. Having no experience at this particular subject, Akari had learned a lot from just watching Ha-eun and Fleur's little gestures to know what love would seem like.

Akari's little thoughts were disrupted when Ha-eun turned to look at her, a determined yet sheepish expression falling on her face.

"What?" Akari asked, feeling that something else was going on with the way Ha-eun hasn't rushed back to Fleur's side.

"I won't be around for the next three days," Ha-eun breathed out, a mix of excitement and accomplishment in her tone. "I got accepted into Brown's Medical Internship Camp, and I'm heading there." Ha-eun fixed her gaze on Akari, awaiting a reaction. The weight of her words carried the significance of her achievement, and the air filled with the tangible sense of Ha-eun's anticipation and pride in securing a place in this prestigious medical internship program.