Chapter 1: The Calm Before The Storm

(Note: I changed the Ranks of Imlay and Lockett including Santos)

...Location: National Guard Checkpoint Delta, Boston, New York, United States Of America

Boston was engulfed with flames, the Streets we're filled with Bodies, The sky filled with Unknown Machines targeting US Aircraft. In a Nearby Checkpoint, bodies of National Guard Troops lay on the ground.

All of the sudden, a Teenager appeared from an Alley way, leading a group of Civilians as he looks around, holding an M4A1 From a Dead Soldier. He looks around the streets before turning back to the Group.

"Come on, its clear, Follow me."

The Young (Y/N) Tells the group, as they exit the Alley way. They reach an Bradley in the Checkpoint, helping the Civilians in before noticing a crying child among the group.

"Hey, Hey, Look at me kid. Its gonna be alright."

(Y/N) Comforts the Little Girl before helping her inside the Bradley.

"WATCH OUT!"

One of the Civilians scream as (Y/N) turn around to see an Landshark

"OH SHI-"

Before (Y/N) could fire the rifle in his hand, the Alien fired its weapon, hitting him dead center in the chest before everything turned black...

I gasped as i sat up from my bunk, waking up in a cold Sweat as i breath heavily. I quickly pulled down the blanket, patting my chest down before realizing it was a Nightmare. I sighed a breath of relief as i laid back down on my pillow.

Location: Camp Pendleton, California, United States Of America

I checked my wristwatch to see it was 0347 Hours, i sighed as i stare at the ceiling. These Nightmares never get of my head, i never got shot in Boston...I just couldn't save the Last Group of Civilians.

"You Alright?"

I hear a voice callout as i turn to see Sergeant Elena Santos sitting on a chair, writing something on her journal.

"Yeah...I'm fine..."

I looked around the room to see the other bunks empty.

"Where's the Rest Staff Sergeant?"

I ask her as she sighs.

"(Y/N), Don't say Sergeant to me when we are Alone."

She says as i sigh, seeing her she uses my First name.

"Right, Sorry Elena."

I tell her as she nods, she places her Journal and Pen on a table.

"Your Brother woke us up, saying we got a situation and Being deployed at 0530."

She informs me as i sat up from my bed. I yawned a bit as she Checks her Wristwatch.

"I was gonna wake you up at 0400 since you look c-tired from the drill from yesterday."

She says as i turn to her confused, but i didn't mind it, she was my Best Friend.

"Where are we being deployed? Another drill?"

I ask her as she shrugs.

"Your brother didn't receive any info, they told him we'll be briefed on our way there."

She tells me as i nod, i stand up from my bed, stretching as i got the sleep out of my system.

"Lets get this over with."