Chapter 8: Mounting Up

(Y/N)'s POV

I was in the Lead MRAP with My Brother, Itami, Kuruta, Santos, Kuribayashi, Imlay and Locket who was on the .50 Cal. We made contact with a settlement called "Coda Village" and they gave us coordinates to another settlement a few klicks out, its going smooth, no shots fired or anything.

The Convoy consisted of Four MRAP, Five Humvees, An Bradley, An Abrams, Three M923 Trucks and Three LAV's, we also got extra Men from 75th Rangers and 2nd Battalion 5th Marines. Command wasn't gonna risk anything. If things go tits up we can call A-10s and F-22 Raptors.

I was driving in the Lead MRAP, Looking around for any possible, My Brother in the passenger seat.

"Foxtrot-Two-November, This is Wild-Dog-Six be advised we have reports of large smoke in your AO."

I hear the Drone Pilot say through the Radio as my brother grabs the radio.

"Acknowledge."

He says as he switches channels.

"All Victors watch your Sectors, possible Ambush in our AO."

He says through the Comms as Everyone Acknowledges.

"Hey Lance Corporal."

I sigh heavily, hearing Itami as i turn to him.

"Yes Sir?"

I ask him as he looks excited.

"Did you see any catgirls?"

I smack my head on the steering wall, causing the horn to go out. This was the 6th Fucking time he asked me.

"The Fuck you think you Jap son of a-"

 I quickly shut my mouth, realizing i said that to an superior Officer as i skip a heartbeat. Everyone besides my brother stares at me in Shock as i sigh.

"No. Sir."

I told him as i turn back to the road to see smoke in the distance.

"We got smoke, Twelve O'clock."

I say through comms as the Convoy comes to an Halt. I exit the MRAP With the others as we setup a defensive perimeter around the Humvee.

I look around the Forest for any Hostile contacts as i heard someone crouch beside me.

"Hey, Nantz."

I recognize the voice as Kuribayashi as i turn to her.

"What's Up?"

I ask her as she had a smirk on your face.

"What you did back there is Awesome."

She told me as i smirk as well. Itami is a Dumbass.

"Yup, guess it was but it was nothing."

I told her as i look back around the area.

I hear Itami crouch beside us as we turn to him.

"Orders Lieutenant?"

I ask him as he had a serious expression in his face.

"Kuribayashi...Can You hold my hand?"

His tone quickly turned to a scared one.

"Your command Officer is scared."

"Eat a Dick."

She tells him as i smirk. I see my brother motioning to Itami to come back to him, holding binos as i smirk while turning to Imlay whom was a few meters from me who also heard it.