Chapter 6 - Birds of a Feather

I found Lynn in our room studying. I threw myself on my bed and groaned into the pillow." What's wrong Lulu" Lynn asked and I sighed before looking up. " Headmaster Knightly is acting like a booger " she laughed closing the book and turning to look at me.

" what did he want?"

" nothing important" I lied and sat up" Lynn, What does your necklace mean" I asked and she frowned before removing it from her neck. She held it out and I looked at it shock. The charm on it was a Golden sparrow feather" its called birds of a feather, its a symbol of Joy, Light, and Family" then she laughed sarcastically" funny how that works, My dad is an investor. My mom died when I was born and he swore to her, he'd keep me safe so I had a very sheltered childhood. He was never around so I treasured every moment with him." She placed the necklace back around her neck before getting up.

" I want to show you something" she told me and I followed her out of the room. We went down to the entrance of the building and I stopped" I thought we couldn't leave the building" she smiled.

" we can leave the building, we just can't go past the gate" I nodded and she opened the door. She stopped at the bottom of the staircase before turning to look at me. She closed her eyes and the feather around her neck started glowing before she was surrounded in a golden light. When it cleared pitch black dragonfly wings had spotted from her back making her look more like a fairy." Birds of a feather don't always fly together" she mumbled and I frowned" both my parents came here, graduated with flying colors and started a life together, but when I was chosen, my dad wasn't there to see it, I never got to say goodbye"

Her wings disappeared and she sat on the stairs. I sat next to her and frowned." Never say goodbye because goodbye means forgetting " she smiled" thanks, Luna"

" now come on or we'll be late for lunch" I laughed getting up and pulling her back inside.

Happy St. Patricks day

Fact: Did you know St. Patrick wasn't even Irish