Run

"No matter how far I reach for you,
It is just an empty dream.
No matter how crazy I run,
I remain on the same place."

'Run, BTS'

───── ❝ Run❞ ─────

Few hours had passed, and the boys refused to leave her room; even for dinner.

They sit there in gloomy silence room, only the beeping sound from the EKG machine filling their eardrums.

Dried tear stains are clearly visible on their cheeks from crying silently. Eyes all puffy and red, they watched closely over the girl. Wishing for her to move even the slightest.

Jungkook never left her side—sitting on a chair right next to her bed.

His hand never left her cold one, somehow trying bring a hint of warmth in hers.

He felt terrible. Lost.

"Kook," a hoarse voice called up on him.

He lift his face from the bed, looking up to Jin hyung whose eyes are bright red.

"Go home, take a rest. Hyung will take care of her."

He immediately shake his head, "No. You can go home, I'll stay."

Jin sigh—exhausted, devasted. He never thought Artemis would go as far as this; starving and freezing herself to death.

He couldn't bare to see the faces of his younger members. Moreover Artemis. He feel an outmost guilt splashing over him like storm.

I shouldn't have left her if I knew.

Dragging himself to the couch, where 5 other boys crumpled in their emotions, squished to each others. He was about to plop on it.

When they heard a sound that forever haunt them.

The EKG machine let out a ringing voice, sinking the boys' heart into their stomach—jolting up to their feet. They're rooted in their spot, not able to move a muscle.

"No, no, no, no! Artemis you can't do this to me!" Their youngest yell, shaking her unresponsive body.

A group of doctor and nurses barge into the room. Immediately took action for her, pushing Jungkook away.

"Her heart stopped beating. Prepare a defibrillator!" The doctor demand in a rushing tone.

The room is at chaos. The boys screaming for her dear life with waterfall of tears running down, while the medics effort to bring her back to life and push the boys out.

"Clear!"

Artemis' chest jolt up from the shock, but her eyes still closed shut and the ringing doesn't stop.

They tried couple of times, with increasing higher velocity throughout the time. But her body still not responding any bit to it.

The medics shoulders dropped, and they fell silence. The silence that torture the boys inside.

The doctor turn to the broken-devastated boys. Looking at them with an apologetic look, which they really wish was just an act.

"I'm sorry... I tried my best," he mutter out in a low tone.

Jimin drop to his knees, screaming out in agony. Jungkook shove the medics out of her bed, hugging her cold—lifeless body.

Hoseok quivers in tears, his mind and body can't take it. Namjoon fell on the couch, sobbing on to his own palms—pulling his hair in distress.