Chapter Eighteen, Here We Go

Mal held up the wand as she started to walk towards the pirates, "Hold up," Kian said as he raised his hand, stopping Mal dead in her tracks, "Mmm. Too easy," he said as he looked over at Uma who nodded in agreement.

"Why don't you give it a test drive?" Uma asked, "We want to see it work," a grin appeared on her face.

Y/N looked over at the group of leaders. This was not going to end well for one team or the other. One was about to be tricked or lied to and she had a feeling that it was the pirates. She looked at the wand in Mal's hand and couldn't sense any magical powers coming from it. A small laugh left Y/N's lips and lucky for her, no one heard it. She imagined what Kian's face was going to be like when he fell for the oldest trick in the book about villains and trading.

Always deceive your enemy with a less valuable - or fake - object than what was agreed upon.

Mal scoffed and looked at Uma, "You were always quite the drama queen."

"Oh, and nothing too big or else Ben is fish bait," Uma said and the pirates started laughing. Mal looked over at Ben and saw him being held by Harry over the plank.

Carlos leaned over to Nakoa, "We're dead." Nakoa shook his head as a smirk appeared on his face before whispering something into his ear.

Mal turned to face Carlos and he cocked his head at Dude who sat down and whined. Mal faced Uma before turning to face the dog, "Okay," she said as she walked over to the railing. Uma and Kian watched Mal intently, making sure she didn't try to do anything and to see if the wand was real and working. "Although it seems absurd, turn your bark into a word," she chanted before waving the wand around and pointing it at Dude, pretending to have cast a spell. Dude didn't move and he stayed silent causing suspicion to rise in the pirates. Uma glared at Mal. The magenta-haired glanced at Uma and Kian before looking back at Dude, "Talk, dog."

"Does this vest make me look fat?" Dude asked, fulfilling Mal's request. The pirates started laughing as Kian and Uma cracked a smile and looked at each other. "Hey, does anyone have some bacon? Cookies?"

Uma started laughing as joy-filled her body. It was finally her time. Her time to get off this wretched island. Her time to show everyone what true evil was. Her time to show everyone what she was capable of. It was time that they would all know her name and tremble at the mere mention of it.

"Give me the wand!" Uma yelled.

"Give me Ben!" Mal yelled back.

The pirate glowered at Mal before taking a step back smiling. She grabbed Kian's shoulder and pulled him back with her, a sigh leaving the boy's lips. He wanted to do some sword fighting today or something.

"Harry, bring him over."

Harry moved Ben off the plank and the pirates started jeering at him as Gil walked over. "And, before you go, uh, tell your mama that Gaston says hi. And also tell your dad that my dad wishes he finished off your dad when he had the chance," the blonde boy went over, almost like he was going over a grocery list or what he said was all rehearsed.

Harry pushed Ben to his knees in front of Mal. Mal looked down at the boy and gasped while Ben slowly looked up at Mal. Mal shot her head up sending Uma a glare.

"Aw," Kian said as he watched them interact and then gagged at the end.

Both girls held out their hands, "Cut him loose, Harry."

Harry sighed before doing what he was told, "I never get to have any fun," using his sword to cut the ropes in one swift movement Ben was free once again.

Mal takes Ben's hand and gives Uma the wand, ignoring the pirates cheering in the background. Mal quickly helped Ben up and started pushing him back, "Ben, go!"