𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐅 𝐎 𝐔 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍

𝙋𝙞𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨

𝐉𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 from them, his hands clenching and relaxing at a regular tempo. He felt his chest heave as his brows furrowed together the farther the pirate got away from them. His mind started racing at a million miles an hour, but it wasn't the same feeling as before. This time, he felt his blood boil and his stress rises with every breath he took. Something inside him felt like bursting, like a volcano erupting for the first time in centuries.

He continued this process, hoping that it would calm him down, but nothing was working. His started to itch. He wanted to throw something. He needed to hear something break before he would. He grabbed a nearby object—a metal pipe, probably—and threw it against the nearest brick wall. The sound of metal clashing against brick echoed through the alleyway, filling in the silence of the group.

Jay cursed as the pipe crashed against the wall. "—pirate!"

Carlos flinched back as he watched Jay, but he wasn't sure if it was because of the noise or the way that his best friend was acting, either way, it was scarring him. For the past sixteen years, he's never seen Jay react that way to anything. He was never told why Y/N decided to return to the Isle, nor did he get an explanation from Mal, but he did know that they were his family and he wanted them back. He didn't care for their reasoning and he wanted to help them, desperately. Mal and Y/N were always there for him when he needed help with the bullies of the Isle, even in Auradon. And now, it was his turn to return the favour and save them from their thoughts.

"Jay, talk to us. What happened between you two?" Carlos asked, taking a step toward the brown-eyed boy. Jay didn't respond. A heavy, awkward silence filled its spot instead. "Jay, she's our friend, too," Carlos begged, taking another step towards Jay.

Jay ran his hand through his hair. "It—" he cut himself off, trying to control the anger behind his tone. "It doesn't matter," his tone was soft, his eyes incapable of looking at any of the people that stood around him. He looked up the side of the building, his hands gripping onto the chain fenced. "Let's go break the news to Mal." He started climbing up the side of the building.

Carlos furrowed his brows together, unsatisfied with the answer he received from the taller boy. He focused his attention on the direction where the blue-eyed pirate walked away before sighing. He followed behind Jay, climbing up the chained wall.

The black-haired boy's eyes stayed on the smokey alleyway that Harry disappeared in. His muscles shook, slightly, as he clenched his fist, trying to calm his heartbeat. Everything was going wrong. He had one simple job: Keep Ben safe and he couldn't even accomplish that. He was supposed to protect Ben, that's his job. He was the future of Captain of the Auradon Guard for Zeus' sake and he couldn't even keep his eyes on Ben for more than an hour.

However, that wasn't the thing chewing away at his soul. Y/N was his partner. She was the reason why he continued trying, why he pushed himself so hard at his academy: He wanted to come back home to her. Spending time with her and seeing her smile motivated him to push himself until he collapsed.

He lost it all when he lost her. All because he didn't see the signs.

And to top it all off, she was now kidnapped by a gang of wannabe pirates that were butt sore from a gang war from what he gathered.

"Nakoa?" Evie asked, her voice soft as she reached out to him.

Nakoa smiled. "I'm with you..." he nodded his head.

Evie smiled before hooking her fingers into the fence, using her upper body to pull herself up. She grunted softly as she hooked the toe part of her heels into the fence and started climbing after the boys, an annoyed look on her face. She hates physical labour.