II. Getting in

___

"..Yep, it's official, I failed!!" Chitsume wailed, covering his head under the bed covers as he did.

"It's been two days." Hero plainly stated with a slight deadpan, though most of their attention was on their tangled tail, exercise really messes it up.. 

"..H-How do I even tell this to my parents..?! Right after we were so confident...." Chitsume asked, though more rhetorical than anything.

"You were confident, not me. You ain't dragging me with ya, buddy." Hero corrected as Chitsume wailed again.

 "Please tell them for me, I can't do this-!!!" To which Hero only shrugged to, "Can't, I got a tail to fluff."

SLAM

"HEYA, KID! YA GOT SOME MAIL!"

"NJGQJNDS" Chitsume screamed as he felt his heart jump, if not for him covering his mouth, he might as well puked his heart out. "P-Please never do that again... I thought I was going to puke — still think I will-"

Daichi only boisterously laughed before setting down the letter that he held in his hands, Chitsume slightly peeking out from the sheets before going right back in, it was from UA. 

"Come on, kid! Aren't you excited to know your results?" Daichi said, though only further making his child go deeper into his fabric caves.

"Not if I fail, I don't!!" Chitsume replied back.

"Don't be so pessimistic, sweetie, I just know you passed!" Aoi comforted, just entering the already quite packed room, "I'd be damned if UA rejects you..!"

"Why is everyone in my room all of a sudden?!" Chitsume sulked as he hid further into his sheets. "J-Just read the letter already so I can get over it faster..." Chitsume peeked out with a small voice as he did.

"Yeah, there's no way ya didn't get in! Lookie, they even got this little ole device here!" Daichi added as he opened the letter with one hand and with a few pats on Chitsume's back with his other, he showed the boy the circular device that looks more like a really tiny Roomba more than anything, "There's no way they'd one of these if ya ain't accepted!"

"There is always the possibility UA's being a jerk and just flexing," Hero shrugged only to get a flick on the forehead from Aoi and a sob from Chitsume.

"Don't say that!" Aoi scolded before turning to Chitsume, "Come on, sweetie, don't lose hope just yet! We don't even know the results yet. We just got to.. work this err, machine letter!"

Aoi looked at the small machine Daichi still held in his hands as she checked all around from all angles, trying to find any buttons or levers that she could activate, "Huh... how do we work this machine letter?"

"Boop," Daichi said with a small laugh as he poked the top of the device when a sudden flickering light came out of its top, startling everyone in the room as they all together flinched. "..."

"What did you do, old man?!" Hero screamed, their claws grabbing at the man's hair.

"OI, off the hair!! And I just poked it! How was I supposed to know it was gonna do that!" Daichi defended, trying to pull Hero off of him.

"I bombed and broke their stuff... they're never going to accept me now!!!" Chitsume wailed under his sheets, rolling himself further into the soft fabric.

On the side, Aoi's eyes twitched as her always ever so present smile faltered, turning into a slight scowl, her blunt nails becoming longer and sharper, the skin up to her elbows turning to a bright red scarlet.

"QUIET!" She yelled with a slight distortion to her voice as everyone else froze. Her glare peering into their very souls as they settled down into kneeling positions on the bed as they all say, "Sorry, ma'am."

With a small clap, Aoi's smiled was back yet again as her features turned back to normal. "Perfect, let's listen now, shall we?"

And so they all turn to the projection, that among all their chaos had been slightly flickering on and off until it finally showed them the number one hero, All Might with his iconic smile.

"Hello young Hiroshima, it is I, All Might!!"

"oMAY FLUFF IT'S-MMPPHH—" Chitsume screamed before a tail hit his face, successfully muffling his scream. 

"Shush shush for now kid," Hero says, still faced toward the projection.

"You didn't have to slap him, dear." Aoi chuckled as Chitsume touched his now reddening lips with a small whine.

"Didn't have to, just wanted to." Hero admitted and Daichi laughing at their honesty, both quickly silencing themselves with a glare from Aoi.

With a click of a remote, on All Might's right was a ranking of many names that Chtisume did not recognize, their number of points shown on the right. Chitsume stilled when he found his name on the list, tied with a guy with the same name repeated about four times. "Right here you can see the top student rankings in the practical exam, you tying with another young child, getting 8th!"

"I can happily tell you that with 59 points in total and a passing grade on the written exam, you young Hiroshima, will be accepted into UA! Be ready, we will be seeing each other soon!" All Might said and with that, the projection flicked off and now the room was filled with nothing but silence.

"I.. passed..?" Chitsume says uncertainly. "I.. passed." 

"I passed!" Chitsume said as he looks up from the projection back to his family, his eyes shining from the stars in his watering eyes.

His family looked just as happy as smiles were all around, with a laugh, Chitsume wrapped his hands all around his family as the tears just started flowing down his cheeks, 

"I'm going to UA!!"