III. New Faces

___

"I can do this... I went through this before.. except Hero was with me and I didn't actually need to talk to anybody.." Chitsume reasoned, his hands gripping his school bag, already sweating buckets. No matter how Chitsume denies it, we all know he's not sweating because of his quirk.

"Can you move out of the way? I'm trying to enter through the door." A voice said, Chitsume squeaked before he quickly moved to the side, at the edge of his eye he could see the source of this unknown voice.

A boy a few inches taller than himself, hair and eyes two different colors that even in a world of supernatural powers like theirs, still was quite eye-catching. 

When those heterochromatic eyes bore right into his own, his heart skipped a beat either from fear from his cold aloof eyes, shame from being caught staring, or maybe something else. That one mere moment that couldn't be longer than a second, seemingly feeling like forever.

"Don't put your legs on the desk! Don't you think that disrespectful towards your classmates?!" Another voice yelled which was enough to bring Chitsume and the dual-haired boy out of their trance-like state as the taller went to his seat, Chitsume in the background following soon. 

Eyes scanning the remaining seats, he quickly claimed one of the backside seats which he hopes his teacher would assign him to, no matter how impossible of a dream that is. He winces as the voice that snapped him out of whatever he was in earlier yelled again with a newer, gruffer voice answering him as well.

He wasn't listening at all to what they were saying, finding no reason to, though at the back of his mind, Chitsume gave himself a mental note to not approach the boy with the angry spiky-haired blond and the engine calves with weird eyebrows at all costs unless he wanted to cry, piss himself, or both.

When freckled broccoli and smiley pink cheeks entered, the two thankfully became quiet. With a sigh, Chitsume reached out to his bag to grab the fluffy keychain that was attached to it. It was a spherical shape with a golden-colored chain, its faux black fur soft under the pads of Chitsume's fingerpads.

It was something Hero got for him when he pathetically couldn't get in the arcade machine that the dragon felt bad so they got it for him instead. Chitsume was happy Hero got it for him but also ashamed since they got it on the first try...

"If you're going to be buddy hunting, go somewhere else." A gruff tired voice said, a few seconds after the source of the voice entered the classroom. "This is the department.. of Heroics!" He said, sucking whatever drink that was dry. Still on the floor.

He quickly introduced himself to the class as Shouta Aizawa, their homeroom teacher, and right after, pulled out a uniform from his sleeping bag and with no context said, "Wear these. Immediately. And then off of to the P.E grounds."

As he and his new classmates changed confused, there was only one question in Chitsume's mind, "Why's a homeless man our homeroom teacher?"

___

"A quirk apprehension test?!" They all yelled in unison, some more surprised than others. Mr. Aizawa then proceeded to explain how they had no time for frilly niceties, not for a hero. When Mr. Aizawa was told he had the freedom, he really took that to the extreme, huh...

A softball pitch, standing long jump, 50-meter dash, grip strength test, sustained side-ways jumps, etc., things they all have done before in middle school just with a small catch.

They could use their quirks.

Chitsume felt a bit relieved with this, his physical abilities without his quirk were a tad.. lacking you could say. One of the students called Bakugou was called to do the softball pitch first. He was an intense-looking young man, a spiky hairdo and a spiky vocabulary as he yelled as he pitched,

"DIIIIEEEEEEE!!!"

Maybe intense was an understatement.

A shiver going up Chitsume's spine, he felt himself feel less relieved now. Thank you mister Bakugou man. Thanks. How anyone felt excited after seeing that, Chitsume can never understand. Mr. Aizawa seemed to have felt the same.

"It looks fun.. you say? So you were planning to spend your three years here having a good ol' time? What happened to becoming heroes? All right, then. In that case, new rule: the student who ranks last in total points will be judged 'hopeless' and instantly expelled."

Yep, Chitsume is confirmed going to pass out at least thrice today. 

___

Chitsume felt lightheaded, maybe a lot more than lightheaded. Fear or his quirk? He doesn't have the brain capacity right now to think of the cause. His head was swaying right to left and he was pretty darn sure he was going to pass out.

His body had been able to endure this physical and mental warfare in the boy's head, though right when it was finished, he was incredibly pooped. Sweat was dripping down his forehead, his usually fluffy hair sticking to his face.

"Eyes don't fail me now.. just wait a few seconds to see the results..!" Chitsume thought to himself, holding his dizzy head still. When a finger tapped on his shoulder, he was surprised to see the canon tall lady looking down on him with concern, "I couldn't help but notice you look a bit dizzy, are you alright?"

"I-It's nothing you got to worry about that much.. My head just gets a wee loopy when I use my quirk too much.. it's just getting a bit hot too..." Chitsume explains with a sheepish smile, though it only made her worry more.

"Well, then please accept these. They might not fully alleviate your discomfort, this should be enough until you get proper treatment with Recover Girl." Momo said with a smile with her own, placing a pill that looked to be for dizziness and a cold pack too. 

Chitsume's cheeks flushed a cute pink, slightly speechless but when he looked up from his palm, she was already gone and lost from Chitsume's sight.

"Oh yeah, that whole 'expulsion' thing was a lie. It was a logical ruse to pull out your best performances."

And now while Chitsume would have normally passed out from shock or yell like the others, he still was in a daze, as he thought,

"I wasn't able to thank pretty tall lady yet.."