VI. Balls

___

"Mineta, I really think that we should be making a plan... We're up against Yaoyorozu and Todoroki here..." Chitsume said, fiddling more with his hands the closer their match was coming. 

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine! I'll just throw my balls everywhere and we'll win, easy!" Mineta said, waving him off, looking as relaxed as ever for someone's that's about to go against both recommended students and possibly the strongest and smartest in class.

"No one can escape my balls." He smirked, giving Chitsume finger guns.

Chitsume only awkwardly laughed as he held the same polite smile on his face. They're going to die later.

"Do your best, young Hiroshima, young Mineta! Treat this not as a trial but a real fight, and if possible try not to destroy the whole building!" All Might reminded before letting the two students in, the 5-minute time limit before the villains entered starting.

"All right, Mineta let-" 

"Time to fill this place up with balls!!" With a battle cry, Mineta yelled before he had run off, going where ever and leaving Chitsume alone.

"-'s stay together..." Chitsume finished before sighing, already having to breathe in the calming scents in his necklace. "This.. This is fine, I can still do something with this..."

With a small breath, he had placed his hands in front of him as water flowed out of his hands, slowly turning into an army palm-sized eyes. Chitsume feels the day breeze feel a little bit colder as the roots of his hair start to turn a light blue. He kneeled down on these floating water eyeballs and whispered, "Spread out and be on the lookout for Yaoyorozu, Todoroki, or Mineta. Alright, go, now, little water scouts go..!"

The water eyes chirped before seeping into the ground and walls, leaving nothing but the smallest of droplets in their trail, all going into different rooms and floors.

Chitsume soon left the first room as he started to explore the building itself, almost tripping and getting himself stuck on the ball traps that Mineta had set, taking a note of their locations in his head.

Finally reaching the fifth of many floors, Chitsume opened the door to find the room where the paper mache bomb was placed, being slightly surprised at the sight of Mineta there too. "Ah, Mineta, you're here!"

But at the sound of his own voice, Mineta had let out a very manly shriek, pulling out a ball from his head and throwing it in Chitsume's direction by instinct. "?!?!?"

Chitsume was thankfully able to avoid a sticky ball on his face but not the same could be said about his leg which was now stuck to the wall. "B-Be more careful with those thingies!" Chitsume said, trying to pull his leg off the wall to no avail.

"Hiroshima?! You should have told me it was you! You scared me, I thought it was Todoroki or something..." Mineta said with a relieved sigh.

"The battle trial hadn't started yet... it couldn't have been anybody but me!" Chitsume pointed out. 

"S-Still! It was your fault for being in my ball range and scaring me, you can't blame me for having super cool fighting instincts." 

"Then use those super cool fighting instincts against them, not me!"

"The practice indoor battle with Team B and Team C will now begin, Start!" 

"Yeah, so uhm.. can you unstick me now? Todoroki and Yaoyorozu might've not been coming earlier but they sure are coming soon! This really isn't the best circumstances for me to fight.." Chitsume hurriedly asked, sucking in a breath as he tried to pull his leg off faster now.

"Yeah, I'm coming, don't rush me!" Mineta said but the second he took one step closer, Chitsume felt a sudden chill making him stumble where he stood.

He feels the cold coming over his water eye army, and soon he and Mineta as well. Chitsume's legs were frozen where he stood, the ice creeping all the way to his calves and creeping almost to Mineta's waist, some of his hands frozen as well.

"Wha-? What the hell is this?!" Mineta screamed as he struggled in his place.

Chitsume on the other hand gasped and trembled at the sheer cold, "W-Water friends, go back-!" He stuttered as he sent back all of the water scouts, though the majority of them were unable to as they too, were frozen solid. 

A sudden whoosh was heard and in the next second Todoroki entered through the door. Irritatingly walking leisurely toward the paper mache bomb, giving the two students a small glance before looking away. He was looking down on them in the most literal sense.

But what he wasn't expecting was a wall of flames stopping him from getting to the bomb. He immediately turned to Chitsume, seeing the ice all melted off him, but also seeing the purple ball connecting his foot with the ground.

"Uhhh, didn't really think this through--" Chitsume chuckled, before turning to Mineta and mouthing two words, "Help me."

As the blaring glare of Todoroki made Chitsume start to get all hot inside, he did what any other rational boy would do in his situation, make things even hotter.

Of course, with fire!

Putting his hands forward Chitsume squeaked as he sent out fireball after fireball toward Todoroki, some of it missing its mark, by a lot.

"HEY! BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU THROW YOUR FIREBALLS!" Mineta yelled, a fireball almost hitting him in the face and burning his head off.

"uH, SORRY, MY SUPER COOL FIGHTING INSTINCTS WERE KICKING IN!" Chitsume screamed back.

"You--! AH--" Mineta glared before he turned to look up to see his hair (?) flaming at the tips. " MY BALLS!!!"

Chitsume almost giggled but his hands being pinned to the wall and above his head was quick to silence him. "Finished playing around, now?" Todoroki said, staring down at Chitsume.

Chitsume yelped, hating how his eyes hyper-fixate on Todoroki's features. The deep grey of his right and the mesmerizing blue of his left. How slight sweat decorates Todoroki's surprisingly soft face, dripping from his forehead all down to his neck. 

Along the way, his eyes move to Todoroki's scar which covered almost a whole quarter of his face. Curiosity filled Chitsume to whatever might have given him that, his mouth opening in question,

But before he could say anything he would regret, an alarm blared and Chitsume was snapped right out by All Might's voice.

"The bomb has been recovered, the Hero Team wins!"