七 (seven)

LUCY

"Natsu?" I asked worriedly as he stood there, staring at the empty wall. He turned to me, his expression changing.

"Hmm? Right, let's get going Luce," he said, opening the door. After a few moments of awkward silence, he cleared his throat.

"Um, is it okay if I tell you some stories? Maybe they'll help you remember who I am?" he asked carefully, and I nodded in response.

"Okay, let's see. Well, I first met you at Hargeon, where there was this guy who called himself the Salamander of Fairy Tail. He put a charm spell on a bunch of people, including you, and then me and Happy saved you. But then he had this giant party, and he tricked you into going because he promised that if you went you could go to Fairy Tail. But then, turned out he was a slave trader and he was going to sell you to someone in Bosco. But luckily, I showed up to save the day and I did save you, and then I invited you to Fairy Tail, which is why you're here now," he explained. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Natsu, I remember that all this happened, but for some reason I don't remember that it was with you. In fact, I don't remember you in any of my memories," I replied.

"Do you remember what happened the day before you left for that job?" he asked.

"Vaguely, I think. I was at the amusement park." A smile lit up on his face, as his head filled with his own memories.

"Oh yeah, that was fun! I had my date with Lisanna that day and then we made it official when I gave her the necklace," he informed me, and I felt my heart shatter into piecees. Wait, necklace?!

"Natsu, how could you give my necklace to Lisanna? I wanted you to keep it for safe-keeping," I said, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. He looked at me with worry, not knowing how to react.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know how much it meant to you. You were the one crying that day, weren't you? Who hurt you that day? Did someone break your heart?" I gave him no response as I shot him a glare.

"Tell me his name, Luce."

"You," I muttered, before turning on my heel and leaving him behind.

NATSU

What?! I broke her heart? What is she talking about?

"Lucy!" I called after her, but she left already. I punched the wall in anger and began to walk back to the guild hall.

"Oi! Burnt pig! Fight me!" Gray shouted, and I punched him in the face. I had no time for his stupid fights right now.

"Where's Lucy?!" I yelled, startling the guild members. There were mutters of "I don't know" and "I'm not sure" and Lisanna came by, placing her hands on my shoulders to calm me down. I took a deep breath and turned around, glancing at the necklace glimmering on her neck. I sighed and pulled Lisanna forward for a hug, and she smiled softly. While she was hugging me, I unclasped the necklace from her neck, feeling slightly guilty but still pocketing it.

"Natsu, what's wrong?" Happy asked as we walked to our house.

"Happy, Lucy said I 'broke her heart.' What does she mean?

"She llllllllikes you."

"Happy, I'm serious," I chided, but felt my face heat up at the thought of her liking me. I shook my head, trying to block out those thoughts. I have Lisanna.

"Let's check Lucy's apartment again," Happy suggested. I nodded.

"Lucy, I will find you."

(edited 190219)