9 - Where attack is the best form of defence

While Renjun no longer had the abilities of a doubler, he was the first one to react. Chaewon was standing still, staring at the sable, Chenle, on the table and Jisung, who had just transformed into a cat right in front of her, and had no time to react before Renjun had reached her.

Chaewon's back slammed against the door and her face scrunched in pain as the door handle dug into her spine. Renjun's head was spinning and he pressed the girl against the door with more force than probably was needed. His eyes were on fire as he glared at her, trying to figure out what to do next.

Chenle and Jisung were still frozen in place, and Renjun knew that he had to say something to regain control over the situation. "I can kill you."

Something flashed in Chaewon's eyes. She wasn't convinced. Neither was Renjun, to be honest, but he knew that he could be intimidating if he wanted to.

"You waited for them to transform, right?" he blamed her. "Do you have a camera hidden somewhere? What are you planning to do with the footage?"

He took a look at her from head to toe, just to see if she was holding a camera or phone in her hand. There was nothing visible but that didn't mean that it wasn't hidden somewhere.

When Renjun glared at her again, Chaewon finally spoke up. "Calm down." Renjun saw no fear in her eyes. "I'm not planning on anything. Why would I even barge in like that if I wanted to use some secret footage to do whatever you think I'm doing?"

Her calmness agitated Renjun even further. He pressed Chaewon's shoulders against the door, wanting to intimidate her. Somehow, she seemed smaller, more fragile now that they were so close to each other and he could feel the bones of her shoulders against his hands, yet she was looking straight into his eyes as if they were having a normal conversation.

"You're lying", he seethed.

Chaewon's mouth tightened into a line. Was she offended? "I don't lie."

"Oh, so you just happened to stumble in?" Renjun scoffed. "Sorry but we are closed!"

Chaewon tried to push against him but to no avail. "The door was open. I didn't break in."

That didn't convince Renjun. "Your timing was still intentional."

"It was not!"

"Then, how are you so calm about what you just saw?"

His question made Chaewon roll her eyes. "It's not my first time seeing your kind, okay?"

Renjun's hands stiffened in surprise and Chaewon managed to slip underneath his arm and get away from him. Her movement was followed by Renjun turning towards her, his hands clenching into fists.

Chenle and Jisung were nowhere to be seen, they had probably hidden somewhere inside the café. It was good to know that they were still capable of using at least a part of their brain.

"Listen, Renjun", Chaewon started and took a cautious step backwards. "I didn't even know it was going to be you who would still be here, I just came to - "

Renjun laughed dryly, not willing to listen to her lies. "You expect me to believe that?"

"And what were your friends thinking, anyway?" Chaewon retaliated. She was frowning. "What if I really was someone who wanted to hurt them?"

"Are you threatening us?" Renjun asked in a voice that was more like a growl.

Chaewon's brows shot up. "No, why would I - "

Not letting her finish the sentence, Renjun jumped towards her and slammed her against the closest wall. The back of her head hit the frame of a painting on the wall and she grimaced. "Ow."