12 - Where Renjun commits a felony

"I wouldn't have guessed that - "
"Shh!"
Chaewon grimaced apologetically at Renjun and lowered her voice into a whisper. "I wouldn't have guessed that you know how to pick locks."

Renjun turned to glare at her in the darkness of the warehouse. They had just closed the front door after he had picked the lock using Chaewon's hair pins, and started their way towards the room Mr. Park had told him about. No one was supposed to be in the warehouse and there weren't supposed to be any security cameras either but Renjun didn't want to risk attracting any attention to them in case someone was still in the building.

"Shut up!" he hissed.

"Okay, sorry", she whispered, lifting her hands in the air as a sign of surrender. "I will be quiet."

Renjun didn't believe her but it was too late now to tell her to wait in the car, so he decided to get the files as quickly as possible and then get out of the building before Chaewon would forget to whisper again.

The hunter warehouse was quiet and peaceful around them, and there was a stark contrast between the seemingly innocent and professional atmosphere of the building and the knowledge of what it represented. While poachers were ruthless exploiters, hunters weren't any better. Renjun had never encountered one but he knew that their sole purpose was to kill all doublers they got their hands on. It was eerie to walk inside their building, even if it was just a very normal-looking warehouse.

"It's a big place", Chaewon commented quietly when she entered yet another hallway behind Renjun. "The cleaning cost must be big."

Renjun ignored her, going over Mr. Park's information in his head. The next door to the right was the room they were supposed to enter. Before opening the door, he gave Chaewon a pointed look.

Chaewon nodded, understanding that he was reminding her to be silent.

The room, just like every other they'd seen so far, was empty, dark and quiet. The air there, however, was slightly stuffier than elsewhere and most of the boxes on the shelves were dusty.

Renjun followed Mr. Park's instructions to the back of the packed room and started checking the labels on the boxes. Chaewon followed him, looking around with curiosity.

"What are we looking for?" she asked softly, standing beside him with her hands behind her back. "I can help you to find it."

While it would've been the most natural response for Renjun to just tell her to mind her own business and leave him alone, he had already allowed her to come to the warehouse. He sighed. "We are looking for files under the title of 'Caustic B3' or 'CAU mission completed'. They should be somewhere here." He waved towards the wall. "It should say it in the box."

"Got it!" Chaewon nodded and got to work.

What Mr. Park had said about the box being easily found was true and soon Renjun found the correct one. Hastily, he pulled it towards him.

It was almost too good to be true. The box had multiple files with the correct tag, and without wasting a second, Renjun started gathering the ones he needed.

"You found it?" Chaewon whispered, stepping closer to take a peek at the documents. Renjun nodded, too preoccupied to say anything.

Out of the corner of his eyes he noticed that the girl went back to the boxes she had been checking and started taking out documents from different boxes.

"What are you doing?" he asked, while checking the rest of the binders in his box.

Chaewon pushed the box back to its place and pulled the next one out. "I figured that - "