19 - Where some people surprisingly have legs

"We're out of cereal."
"Really?"
"It says it in the shopping list too. Jaemin hyung, why didn't you buy more yesterday?"
"Cereal isn't a proper breakfast, you should have something else."

Chenle sighed loudly. "I guess no one in this house loves me."

Renjun listened to the dispute while sipping his coffee, hunched over his sketchbook. He was trying to brainstorm some ideas for the project Minghao had told him about even though it was intimidating to even think about such opportunity after being in corporate world.

"Good morning, everyone", Jisung greeted people in the kitchen, instantly going to the cupboard.
Jaemin beamed. "Did you sleep well, Jisungie?"
Jisung nodded and hummed while searching through the food. Then he turned to check the table. Renjun was huddled in one corner with his coffee and sketches, while Jeno, Yujin and Jaemin were eating their egg sandwiches on the other side. Chenle was still leaning against the counter, sulking.

Jaemin noticed that Jisung was searching for something, and his eyebrows shot up in worry. "What are you looking for? Should I make an egg sandwich for you?"

"I was going to have cereal", Jisung explained and closed the cupboard, accepting that the box no longer was there. "But maybe we don't have them anymore."

"Yes, it's sad, isn't it?" Chenle quipped.

Jaemin's face turned from worry to horror and he shot up so quickly that it startled everyone. "We must've run out. Should I go get them for you from convenience store?"

If Chenle had been sulking before, now he was straight up prepared for war. "You're so unfair!"

Renjun, guessing that a yelling-match might have been on its way, gathered his pens and notebook and prepared to leave the kitchen.

As he walked past Yujin and Jeno, the latter touched his arm. "Have you made any progress on the whole marriage-thing?"

"I hope so." Renjun thought about the list of names and how he had spent big portion of Sunday going through the notes he and Chaewon had gathered, trying to draw conclusions and connections between the different profiles. He was left with nine people in Seoul and a couple more in Busan and some other cities. "I really hope so."

***

"So, what do you think?"

When Renjun had told Chaewon to wear business casual outfit on Monday evening, he hadn't expected her to show up in a short taupe skirt and black blouse. Or maybe he had. Truth to be told, Renjun didn't know much about women's business casual looks, and he had only messaged Chaewon about the dress code because he wanted to make sure that they wouldn't stand out while investigating.

Chaewon was waiting for his approval for her attire.

Renjun had never seen her legs before. Or maybe he had. Had they always been that long? Maybe it was because of the skirt and the black heels. When he realized that he was still staring at her legs, he lifted his head hastily and noticed that she was wearing her round-rimmed glasses again. "Are your contact lenses still missing?"

"No, no", she fixed the glasses with a glimmer in her eyes, "I just figured that wearing glasses would make me look even business casual-er than not wearing them. Like, you know, I'm just a regular office worker trying to get by."

However, she didn't look like a regular office worker at all. Previously, Renjun hadn't paid much attention to her looks, but the professional outfit with glasses and carefully styled hair reminded him of the fact that she had almost become a kpop idol - even though her outfit wasn't something an idol would normally wear. He didn't know how to react to that reminder.