4-Why?

APRIL, 2021

"I want toys." James says as the five of you stroll through the mall one afternoon.

"You're not getting any." Bucky says.

"Why?"

"You have tons of toys already."

"Why?"

"Because your aunties and uncles are very generous."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Why?"

"Enough questions." Julianna huffs, rolling her eyes and holding your hand.

"Why?" James asks her.

"I'll hit you."

"Why?"

"Shut up, James." Jasmine complains.

"Why?"

"Shut up!" The two girls hiss, and James pouts.

Since he was the youngest out of the three, the two girls are slightly more mature than he is. They also tend to gang up on him a lot.

"Daddy?" James tugs Bucky's shirt.

"Yes James?" Bucky sighs, getting ready for another silly question.

"Why does it rain?"

"Because." Bucky shrugs. He doesn't know the answer himself.

"Ooh!" Jasmine squeals. "Can I have princess dress?"

"I want princess dress too!" Julianna pleads.

The weird thing is, you only came here for a new blender.

Karli, a teenage girl who lives in the area, was supposed to be taking care of them while you shopped, but she got caught up with something. Now, you're going to have to waste your money on toys and princess dresses if you don't want to cause a scene.

"That's not fair to James, we can't let you have a princess dress if he can't have his toys." You explain.

"Then get toys." Jasmine says, shrugging.

"Do you have money for toys?"

"No."

"There's your answer, sweetie."

You all walk into Wilko and check out a bunch of the kitchenware they've got.

"Oh, what's this?" Bucky says to himself, taking out a techy looking blender.

"Looks expensive." You chuckle.

"Mommy?" Julianna taps your thigh.

"In a second, sweetie." You brush her off as you and Bucky look at some cheaper blenders.

"Mommy??"