12- Westview Anomaly

After Bucky got arrested, you and Sam went to the nearest police station to wait for him to be released. You heard word that Bucky's therapist was coming over to bail him out.

"Y/N and Sam?" Both of you spin around to see who called you. "I've heard a lot about you two, I'm Dr. Raynor, James' therapist."

"Thank you so much for getting him out." You say as you shake her hand.

"That was not me." She says, raising an eyebrow

You look beyond the woman and see a familiar tall blonde man with a shield on his back. Only, it's not the tall blonde man you would be happy to see.

"Not this guy again." Sam says under his breath.

"Christina!" He calls out as he gets his picture taken. "I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in."

"James." Sam corrects.

John looks at Sam and ignores him. "Bucky's not going to be following a strict schedule any longer."

The nerve of this man.

"Well we haven't finished our work. Who authorised this?" Doctor Raynor asks.

John doesn't say anything, he just points at himself with a smile, really milking this whole 'authority' role he's got.

You hear a buzz and see Bucky being led out by an officer. When you see him, a smile breaks out on your face and you run towards him, wrapping your arms around his neck to hug him.

"I wasn't gone for that long." Bucky says as he lifts you up and gives you a peck on your lips. He looks over and sees John and puts you down to walk towards him.

"We've got some unfinished business, you and I." John says to Bucky. "You too, Y/N and Sam. I'll be outside." He walks out of the prison.

"James." Doctor Raynor sighs. "Condition of your release, session now. You too, Y/N and Sam."

"That's okay." Sam shakes his head. "I'll be out here with-"

"It wasn't a request."

Doctor Raynor then leads the way into an empty looking questioning room, and the three of you follow her in silence. Once you do get into the room, you notice that there are only two chairs, and you figure that this therapy session is more for the guys than it is for you, so you decide to sit back and lean on the wall instead.

"So..." Doctor Raynor says once the boys are seated. "Who would like to start?"

"Alright, look. Doctor Raynor? I get why you want me to talk to Freaky Magoo over here alright, I get it. But I'm 100 percent fine." Sam says.

"It is my job to make sure you're okay." She continues, looking at Bucky. "And so, yes this may be slightly unprofessional but it's the only way that I can see that you're getting over whatever's bugging you."

Sam rolls his eyes. "This is ridiculous."

"Yeah." Bucky clenches his jaw. "I agree."

"See?" Doctor Raynor sighs. "Making progress already. So, who wants to go first? Any volunteers? Nobody? Wow, how surprising. Okay, we're going to do an exercise. It's something I use with couples when they are trying to figure out what kind of like they want to build together-"

"Let me just stop you there, Doc." Bucky interrupts. "You do know that I'm in a couple, right? I have a wife." He gestures over to you. "Sam isn't my wife, so I don't understand why-"

"Are you familiar with the miracle question?" Doctor Raynor ignores Bucky, making you smile in amusement

This should be good.