16- Closer

"We have to take the shield back." You say, as Bucky and Sam lead you away from the dead mans corpse.

Bucky looks at you in disbelief. "I thought you didn't want to."

"That shield cannot stay in the hands of that man, it just can't."

"Y/N's right. What's stopping him from killing somebody else?" Sam agrees.

"So how do we do this? I mean, it's pretty obvious he's taken the serum, I don't know how."

"Probably when we attacked the first time." Bucky sighs.

"There was a first time?" You ask.

"You were back dealing with Wanda's depression." Sam chuckles. "Speaking of which, how is she now?"

You close your eyes and take a deep breath. "She's doing okay, I think."

She still hasn't called you like she said she would. You can't help but think she's still continuing this fantasy but Jimmy hasn't given you any reason to believe that.

"Y/N, go home." Bucky says suddenly.

"Why? I'm coming with you to get the shield back."

"I don't want you to get hurt. He's pissed, like really pissed, and he's not going to care who he takes it out on. I don't want that person to be you." Bucky puts his hands on your shoulders and looks down at you.

"But–" You start.

Bucky puts a finger to your lip and shushes you. "I'll be home soon, okay?"

You give in. "Okay, fine. Do me a favour, and don't die."

He chuckles and kisses your lips softly. "I won't."

You say your goodbyes to Sam and Bucky and you make your way over to the bus stop. People look at you like you're a crazy person. Probably because you've got guns in the pockets of your trousers, and you've got dirt all over you.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" An old man asks.

"I'm fine, thanks." You give him a small smile and lean on the glass of the bus stop shelter.

"You don't look fine."

"Thanks?" You don't know if he was just being mean, or if you really look that rough.

●●●

When you get home, you get in the shower and give your hair a wash too. It's been ages since you gave your hair some real special attention. You decide to take some real care of your skin as well, putting on an array of face masks and exfoliants on.

When you're done with your mini spa day, you put on some shorts on that stop just underneath your butt. Then, you pull on one of Bucky's dark blue shirts and you find it funny how it stops a little above your knees, making it look more like a dress than a shirt.

"Hey you." You say as Bucky enters your bedroom. He's got a bruise on his face, and he looks angry. "What happened?"

"John happened." He grumbles.

"You didn't get it?"

"Oh, we got it. John put up a hell of a fight though." He sighs.

"What'd you do with it?" You lay down flat on your back and watch as Bucky takes his shirt off.

"Gave it back to Sam." He tosses the black shirt in the laundry basket. "I don't know what he's going to do with it." Bucky then pulls on a pair of sweatpants.

Grey sweatpants.

Bucky knows you well enough to know that when he wears grey sweatpants, it gets you incredibly horny. You're not sure why a piece of clothing has such an effect on you but it does.