15-The World Is Watching

"Y/N." Bucky shakes you from your sleep.

"What?" You mumble.

"It's Karli."

He passes you the phone, and you see that she's on the other line. You look at Bucky, and he nods at you, gesturing for you to take it.

"Hello?" You say quietly into the phone.

"Y/N." Karli says. "I need to speak with you."

"Now you want to talk to me?" You scoff.

"Look, I can't talk on the phone. Just meet me at the co-ordinates that I'm texting you, and come alone."

"Is this a trap?" You ask.

"No, I wouldn't want to hurt you or Bucky and you know that."

"You seemed to be fine with hurting us on that truck the other day."

"I wasn't thinking straight. Just promise me you'll come alone. Don't bring Bucky, don't bring Sam."

Even though Bucky spoke with Karli when she would babysit, she was a lot more closer with you. She even once told you that she felt like she had a big sister in you, since she didn't have any real family of her own.

You blow air out of your mouth. "Okay, I promise."

"Great." She clicks the phone off and you throw your head back onto the bed.

"What did she say?" Bucky asks, sitting next to you hesitantly.

"She's texting me a location." As you say that, a notification pops up on your phone, with the location where she wants to meet at plastered on the screen.

Bucky looks over your shoulder at the phone. "You're not going alone."

You point at the 'come alone' section of the message. "I think she was pretty clear with her instructions."

"I don't like the way she's asking you to come by yourself. Me and Sam are coming with you."

"No, Bucky, you're not."

"You want to try and stop me?" He puts on his uniform and you groan.

You know that there's no stopping Bucky when he's decided to so something, so instead of arguing with him, you put on your uniform too and head out of your room. Luckily, today was Saturday, meaning that Raya has the kids for the weekend. You feel bad for pushing those terrors on her every time you and Bucky have a mission but there's no other choice.

●●●

"This is a mess." Sam says, pacing your living room. "First, the Dora come after Zemo, then we lose Zemo, then Walker storms off, now this?"

"Wait, what?" You ask.

"You missed a lot while you were on your...break. The Dora Milaje came after Zemo since he killed a Wakandan official some time ago. Then, John showed up during all the commotion and Zemo got away." Sam explains.

"So he just walked off?"

"Exactly." Bucky takes off his jacket, revealing the tight black T-shirt he's wearing that really accentuates his muscles. "He decided that he wanted to work on this alone, like we told him to but I don't know what the guy thinks he's going to do."

"You're right." Sam lightens up. "He's got no special abilities in his clutch."

"Neither have I." You shrug. "And you two idiots still need me."