18- Captain America

Good moments never last long.

You've learned that for the while you've been in this whole crime fighting industry. Everytime something good happens, it never lasts for as long as you'd want it to.

For example, today you and Bucky were planning to have a lie in, since the kids were having their first day at school. This is the part you've been looking forward to ever since you gave birth. The joy of sending your kids off to kindergarten, knowing that you were going to have a peaceful morning almost made you happy enough to burst into song.

"Are you sleeping?" Bucky asks, spooning you in bed.

"No." You mumble. "Why? What's wrong?"

"Just wanted to check." He holds you tighter in his hands and you press your butt against his crotch to get yourselves as close as possible.

"I wish we could stay like this forever." Bucky whispers in your ear.

"Me too." You turn yourself around to face him and you hold his face in your hands. "I love you. Just in case you didn't know already."

"This is the first I'm hearing it." Bucky plays along, chuckling. "Yes I know, lyubov moya."

"What did you just call me?" You laugh quietly.

"It's Russian." Bucky explains, smiling.

"What does it mean?"

"My love." He kisses your nose and you kiss his nose in return.

"Lyubov moya?" You say in a shitty Russian accent and Bucky laughs at you. "Don't laugh! You're supposed to be helping me."

"I'm sorry, milaya." He says, calming down a little. (Sweetheart)

The phone rings on the counter next to you and you roll over to answer it, checking the caller ID.

"Sam?" You put the phone on speaker. "Yeah, what's up?"

"You and Bucky better get your asses down here now." He says urgently.

"What's so important in Louisiana?" Bucky asks, sighing.

"Not here‐here. Also, I got your little gift you gave me on the boat. I appreciate it."

"You'd better appreciate it." Bucky jokes. "I had to bend over backwards to get that for you."

"You pimped yourself out?"

"That's not what I meant and you know it."

Sam chuckles. "Just get over here."

★★★

A while later, you're all suited up and in DC, where Sam is in his new suit too. You can't lie, it looks amazing on him. Paired with the shield Steve gave him, he really looks like Captain America. Well, more like Falcon-America.

"What's the plan?" You ask through your earpeice, walking side by side with Bucky.

"Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open."

"Well, it could be anyone." Bucky says.

"By the way, I called in some backup."

Just then, a guard approaches you, making you turn to face him. "Excuse me, are you two supposed to be here?"

You give him a death stare and his face starts fizzling out before he takes his hat off, revealing some long locks and the face mask peels off. Damn, it's a girl.

"Relax, it's me." She says.

"Yeah, who's 'me'?" You ask.

"This is Sharon." Bucky says.