8-Victory

After a long while of crying, you gather all your mental strength to pick yourself up out of the strange water you were in, put your helmet on and press the button on your suit to bring you back to 2023.

That discombobulated feeling comes back to you when you travel through the quantum realm once again. This time however, you manage to get a good look around while you're zooming forwards. Even though you couldn't make out much, it almost looked like you were going through a little microscopic universe. There were things that looked like animals and plants there, but they were too tiny for you to properly see. As was everything else in here.

You landed back onto the platform and took your helmet off, as well as pressing a separate button to disarm your suit, giving you a little relief, since you were back in your normal fighting suit.

Next to you was Bucky, and he gave you a kiss on your forehead once he realised you were okay.

"How was it?" You asked him.

"Weird. I'll talk to you about it later, actually."

"Cool." You nod, trying to hide the overwhelming feeling of loss by the space on your other side being empty.

'Did we get 'em all?" Bruce asks the group.

You look over at Nebula, who's standing next to Bruce and you notice she's acting extremely shifty. She looks around at the group as if she's never seen any of you guys in her life.

Definitely suspicious.

"You telling me this actually worked?" Clint asks, holding the Power stone in his hands.

He looks over at the space next to you with a confused expression on his face, triggering everyone else to get a look as well.

"Y/N, where's Nat?" Clint asks, and you stay silent. If you opened your mouth to speak, you'd probably break down.

Silence washes over the the group as they know what's happened to her, given your lack of words. Bucky sighs sadly and takes the soul stone from your hands, handing it over to Steve.

"Give us a second." He mumbles, and holds your hand, walking you off of the platform and into the meeting room. "Honey, I am so sorry." He pulls you in for a hug and his touch triggers your emotions to spill out.

The tears pour down your face, drenching his leather jacket, but he doesn't care. Instead, he picks you up as you wrap your legs around his torso and sits down on a sofa, rubbing your back supportively as you sob onto his shoulder.

"You want to tell me what happened?" Bucky asks, wiping the tears away from your face and you sniff.

"Um..." Your lip quivers, and you take a deep breath to compose yourself. "This floating guy said the only way to get the stone was to sacrifice someone you loved. 'An everlasting exchange', he called it."

"So she sacrificed herself?"

"Yeah." Your voice comes out as a squeak, since you've been crying so much. "I tried to get her to stop, but she just-"

"Hey, it's okay." Bucky pulls you back into his chest when you start crying again.

"I didn't know what to do." You sob. "It's like I was up there just to watch." You wrap your arms around his neck tightly.

"I'm sorry." He repeats, and he sounds like he's about to start crying as well.

The two of you stay in this position for another fifteen minutes or so, until you've cried so much to the point that you're completely numb. Your body can't physically make more tears for you to cry out anymore, since you're that overwhelmed with emotion.