17- The Boat

BUCKY BARNES

The day after mine and Y/N's productive evening, I decided to go see that Sokovian memorial that Zemo was talking about while we were in Madripoor. I had a feeling he'd be there, especially after the events that took place afterwards. Since Raya still had the kids, I had a surprisingly peaceful morning getting ready.

"Honey, I'm going now." I announce, pulling my black jacket on and I hear her footsteps coming from the bedroom all the way over to the living room.

Honestly, I love seeing her like this. There's no makeup, no fancy hairstyles and no bad-ass weapons. Morning Y/N is the most authentic Y/N. The only thing she wears on her face is a smile, her hair is all messy from the night before and she's 'armed' with one of my T-shirts over her, swinging just above her knees and nothing else.

"Don't be too long." She gives me a tired smile and stands on her tip-toes to give me a hug.

As she hugs me, she presses a few kisses on my lips and my hands accidentally make my way over to her ass, gripping the flesh through my t-shirt.

"I'll see you later, doll." I kiss her forehead.

"Text me when you get there." She teases.

"I will." I chuckle.

I leave our apartment and get into the car, turning the ignition on and make my way over to the airport.

On my way there, I start thinking about a lot of things. Stuff that I probably shouldn't be thinking about this early on into our marriage. I know some people may think that 6 years into a marriage is a long time but I consider it mere seconds compared to how long I want to spend with her.

I think about when we'll both be old and grey haired, sitting in rocking chairs and reminiscing about the early days in our relationship, missing the days we could have sex without breaking a hip. Technically, that should be me right about now but since I fell in the ice when I was 28, my body's only 34, whereas my actual age is somewhere in the hundreds. I never really keep count.

Y/N <3 : don't forget to text me when you get there.

I read the message when I get to a stop light and use the 30 seconds I have left to shoot her one back.

Me: I left the house fifteen minutes ago.

Y/N <3 : i don't care.
don't forget or else i'll cut you.

Me: I love you too.

●●●

I arrive in Sokovia and drive my rented car out to the memorial, where I see Zemo standing. I already called the Dora Milaje to to take him as their prisoner, as they should've done a few years ago. Before I leave the car, I text Y/N to tell her that I've arrived and I empty out all the bullets in my gun, placing them in my flesh hand.

"I thought you'd be here sooner." Zemo says, looking at the memorial and not at me when I sneak up on him. "Don't worry. I've decided I'm not going to kill you."

"Imagine my relief." I say sarcastically, flicking the safety off of the gun I'm holding in my metal hand.

"That girl has been radicalized beyond salvation." Zemo walks towards me slowly. I warned Sam but he didn't listen to me. He's as stubborn as Steve Rogers before him."

At the mention of Steve, my jaw clenches. It's been some months since he left us to go back to the 40's and I still miss him. If I didn't have Y/N to hold me each night, I don't know what I would've done.