11

Chapter 11

"Sora! Wake up!" Naruto shouts again bringing our attentions back to the problem at hand. Seeing Naruto try to kick the beast boy only for the energy fingers to wrap impossibly up his leg and slam him back down into the earth. Creating a small crater from the impact. "Naruto!" Sakura gasps pushing to her feet and running to his aide. Seeing the beast boy reach up and grab the sides of his own head as he opens his mouth. A bright white ball forming in front of his mouth my heart gives a shuddering pound.

"Sakura! Get out of there!" I yell in fear before I shove myself to my own feet and push my exhausted body into a run in their direction. Sakura looks away from Naruto to the beast boy and gasps just as he lets loose the power he had been building up. Faster! Come on, get there! I yell at myself. "Run! Everyone!" She lets out just as the ball of light crashes over the ground.

Stopping in front of them I suck in a breath shoving what little bit of energy I have left out of my body. Faster! Do it! I yell at myself feeling my body arguing with me. Creating a dome of my blue light I hold my arms in front of my face feeling them inside the shell with me. Panting I focus solely on my shield, tightening the flow of energy, hardening it in place. As the ball reaches us I step my right leg back behind my left steadying my stance feeling the power pushing against my shield. Threatening to break it and me along with it.

I can feel the burning power of concentrated energy against the shield as if it was on my own skin. I could feel my shield wavering making me yell in both pain and frustration. "What's this?" I heard Naruto ask quietly as I feel him looking around.

"I'm not.. sure." Sakura breathes before I feel their eyes on me. My feet scooting back from the force against my shield.

"This is my shield." I explain to them with a grunt, my gaze flickering from a red haze to clear and back again. The pressure building against me until I feel the power slip around my shield and move past us.

As the smoke clears leaving the beast boy in view I drop my shield and nearly collapse. Catching my balance I stare in front of me at him, my breathing heavy with my own lack of energy. "You guys alright?" I ask in between breaths.

"Yeah, what about you?" Naruto says calmly and I nod in response to him.

"I need to heal you, Naruto." Sakura says gently as I feel Naruto trying to move.

"You more than anyone, should know how quickly I heal." Naruto says as he manages to get up. "Anyway, I will get Sora back, no matter what, then you can take care of his wounds."

"Naruto.. Okay." Sakura says before she too gets up. Naruto begins to walk towards Sora, I step forward as I see his eyes roll into the back of his head. Reaching out I catch him before he can hit the ground. "Naruto!"

"I'm fine." He grunts gently placing a hand on my shoulder as he stands straight again. "You two get back to the others, this is between Sora and me." He breathes as he tries to catch his breath.

"Right." Sakura speaks barely above a whisper as Naruto moves past me, his steps slowly picking up speed before he actually runs at the beast boy. "Kira." She speaks lightly and I nod, jumping with her out of the crater to the others. As I land though my knees buckle beneath me. Sakura goes to catch me but I shrug her off.

"I'm alright." I tell her as I managed to keep my feet underneath me. "Thank you." I whisper. My eyes catching Yamato's briefly and he smiles.

"Sakura, I need you." Ino says taking Sakura's hand and pulling her towards Choji in the trees. She then kneels down as Choji holds his hands out for her. Her hands begin to glow green as she tries to heal him. "My medical ninjutsu couldn't heal him." Ino explains with worry watching Sakura.