42

Jumping over the rooftops I look to my right at Sasuke and my left to Itachi. We had been out training again today when a hawk passed us by overhead. It was Itachi who had noticed it first and told us we were needed at Tsunade's office. Without question we leapt from the training grounds and made our way to this point. Not unlike usual very little was said between us even as we leap down to the road landing directly before the archway to the yard of the building. I couldn't help but wonder what Tsunade would be calling us for and I could feel the palms of my hands beginning to sweat beneath my gloves. All I could think about was the possibility Pein has been sighted near the village. "Calm yourself, Kira. It isn't like you to be so worked up." Itachi speaks gently back towards me causing Sasuke to give a grunt of confusion. Sighing I shake my hands a little before hooking my thumbs onto my front pants pockets. "Do you think it's Pein, Itachi?" I ask him and nearly flinch at the weakness in my voice. The slight whine as the words were laced with the very pain I usually hide. "It's possible." Is all he said before he fell silent again like he usually always does when he thinks about the -leader- of the Akatsuki.

I didn't press the issue so silence fell between us. Since we weren't talking strategies or a direction to go in there was no need to bring Pein up again. I've noticed it, ever since I came to from my month long meditation when I broke my curse. There is something about the relationship I have with Pein that bothers him. I always guessed it was to be expected. Before I joined the Akatsuki, Pein would only show up for some meals but otherwise he locked himself away in his office only being heard through his mind link jutsu giving orders. Afterwards however he came out more often and even would call me into his office just to talk. Pein had taken an interest in me and Itachi didn't like it. I personally can see how it unnerved him but only I knew Pein's true ambitions so it helped me to warm up to him.

Itachi knocks on the hokage office door pulling me from my thoughts. "Enter." Her voice flowed through the wood to us a moment before Itachi opens the door and leads us inside. Coming up next to him when he stops, Sasuke comes back to his place on my right side with a hand on his hip as all three of us look towards the blond behind her desk. "You summoned us, Lady Hokage." Itachi speaks for us as her brown eyes travel over all three of us before returning back to Itachi with a sigh. "Something unusual has been seen." Is all she said causing me to tilt my head. "Unusual?" Sasuke questions his confusion. "Hn, yes. We aren't entirely certain what it is. With the other half of Team Kakashi out on a mission I'll be sending the three of you to check it out." I see, so basically if Kakashi and the others were here we would still be stationed in the village. Understandable since at one point all three of us had left the village, for different reasons but still. She wanted to keep an eye on us to make sure we didn't have any other plans up our sleeves. "It's difficult to explain based on the report. It seems chakra is being pulled in one direction forming a certain focal point igniting the area up in an electrical current between here and the hidden grass.." She pauses as she sets back in her chair her eyes moving over us again.

"Itachi, your team's mission is to locate this disturbance and figure out what's causing it." Huh well sounds boring. Although since it is an unknown they needed a team that could look into the disturbance and fend off whatever is causing it, if it is actually being caused by someone. That would need people that can analyze the chakra and focal point and track the cause. If it was caused by someone, the team would also require a fighting force that is equipped to handle a practically endless of possibilities. Meaning if she sent Hinata with her byakugan along with Kiba and Shino, they would meet two thirds of the mission criteria. They may be specialists in their own field and they are efficient in fighting however, they have proven they can be overpowered. Tsunade has more than shown she is cautious. Without knowing much of anything about the situation she wouldn't needlessly risk the lives of ninja. Basically, she had no choice. "Let's move." Itachi speaks as we leave the building and without a word we follow him back up onto the roof tops heading for the main gate.