47

Green lights scatter over the village as each member who had died this day returns. Confusing more and more of those who had survived. The village was destroyed but thanks to Naruto who had reached Pein it seems no lives will actually have been lost. However even as the village began to cheer and Naruto looked ahead at all of those who had come to celebrate his victory there was one Kakashi did not see amongst the many people. In fact the more he had looked over the faces he counted three missing. Kakashi found himself sighing. "You alright Kakashi Sensei?" Naruto's tired voice reaches his ear. "Yeah." Kakashi breathes as pain fully settles in his heart. -She's with them huh.- He thought as he sets Naruto down just before the villagers around them take him and begin throwing him into the air. Their joyous cheers drowning out any other noise.

Outside of the village two people crowd around a form on the ground. Silence ringing out between them as they fight to control their own pain. The battle had been tough and neither one of them had found Pein's real body. However they had been able to stall their individual Pein's long enough to witness The ninetails in full form leaping over the forest. Both of them injured and exhausted their Pein's crumble as the one the Nine Tails was after needed more control and power. From their own fights both of them had worried for the other member of their team. The one that was still healing after their confrontation with her younger twin siblings. The one who wasn't suppose to use any jutsu and had just barely been able to maneuver her chakra to even her feet. It was Itachi who moved first picking up the bloodied and torn form from the ground.

As they make their way back to the village neither of them utter a single word. Cheers still echoing over the area though it wasn't as loud as it had been previously. The boys move their tired bodies slowly through the trees. As they come to the village the first thing they notice is the lack of the village wall. A large crater over taking most of the village that it seems everyone was congregating in. Just at the edge of the trees his silver hair catching the sun's rays as he turns in his crouched position he had been setting in watching the joyous activities. His dark eye falling on them first before ever noticing what Itachi was carrying. His eye widens before pain settles into his gaze. Kakashi couldn't understand it. Why did even he come back thanks to Pein and not her?

As the boys come into view of the others their eyes that had once been happy, sadden taking in the pain filled gazes of the two Uchiha. "But why?" Naruto breathes before his feet take him forward. His sore weak body stumbling as he fights to run catches Sakura's attention and her eyes travel over the area to find what has her teammate so upset. Her breath catches when she sees it. Kira's bloody form laying limp in Itachi's arms. Getting up from where she had been sitting she herself moves her tired body through the crowd. "Why?" She asks aloud in a breathy voice as she fights to get to them.

Sasuke looks around the village at all of the happy voices. Not understanding what the green lights had been that he witnessed. Naruto was the first to reach them. His usually bright blue eyes dull as fresh tears build in his eyes. "Why her? He brought back everyone else..." His voice cuts off. Sasuke's eyes narrow as he looks away understanding what Naruto had tried to say. Pein revived everyone else but her. As Sakura reaches them she automatically guides Itachi's hesitant arms to the ground. Having him lay Kira upon the freshly disturbed dirt. Sakura shakes her hands trying to get feeling back in them before she holds them out over Kira. The four men around her watch her with bated breaths as she tries to enact her medical ninjutsu.

With her chakra depleted from how many times she's healed people today her hands would begin to glow and then fade. On her fourth try Kakashi moves up behind her and places a hand on her shoulder stopping her before she would drop her chakra too far. A sudden gust of wind comes up on them as an Anbu appears next to Sakura. Her expression hidden by her mask as she peers down at her cousin. Naruto's previous relieved state gone he raises his right arm and fruitlessly rubs his coat sleeve over his eyes to wipe away his tears. Aphrodite herself was having a difficult time understanding. "The jutsu should have brought her back as well." She speaks to herself. Reaching up slowly Sakura watches as she removes her mask. Her bright blue eyes glowing brilliantly as if they were lights themselves as Aphrodite focuses her energy into her eyes. Relaxing them to view Kira's life energy.