12 | the influences of fear

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘭𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳

━━━ SINCE THE REMAINDER OF THE PACK COULDN'T CALL STILES TO COME TO THEIR AID THIS TIME AROUND, MEILANI SUGGESTED THEY GO BACK INTO THE WOODS SO THEY COULD TRY TO CATCH THE KILLER OF THE HELLHOUND IN THE WOODS. It was the most Meilani could think of to do at the moment, besides trying to find where Chris Argent was and get the bullet back to him. Get some answers of the man if she possibly could because Meilani was just so tired and drained that she wanted to sort all of this out right off the bat. She really could never catch a break in Beacon Hills.

However, that didn't seem to be Meilani's only problem at the moment as an odd sensation washed over her as she ran through the woods with Isaac, Malia and Lydia. She felt like she was both inside of her body and also having an out of body experience at the same time. The trees around her swayed in drastic motions and she could practically hear the echoes of when Chris and Gerard had hunted down the omega wolf back when she was a sophomore. Heard the distorted and echoey voices of Gerard explaining that lone wolves never make it on their own and they needed to hunt down any wolves they could find. Needed to get rid of them before the "monsters" could hurt anyone else. When it hadn't even been Meilani, Derek Hale or any of the other wolves hurting people when Gerard arrived — it was Matt Daehler and the Kanima.

Meilani felt like she was running through water, her legs weighing down as she stumbled over leaves and twigs. Her usually swift running and precise cuts around trees were slowed down and Meilani swore she could see the shadowy figures of hunters ahead of her, guns gripped in their hands and ready to shoot bullets through her, Isaac and Malia.

"We can still catch him," Malia's distorted voice called over Meilani's weird feelings. It seemed to stop the odd sensation for a moment and bring the McCall female back down to the ground as she turned to look at her three friends behind her. All of them looked more worried than the next, especially Isaac who could probably feel the weird sensation that had been pushing through Meilani like a rough wave on the shore. "You know, the killer? What are you thinking about?"

Meilani shook her head, not truly sure what she was thinking about at the moment. All of her thoughts blurring together in front of her and hovering just out of reach so she was left with a spinning head and disoriented thoughts. She produced the Argent bullet from her leather jacket pocket and held it up for her three friends to see. "Getting the bullet to Argent."

Malia furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head to the side, clearly not understanding why Meilani would want to do that. "Even if he's the one who fired it?"