17 | help in low places

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝘏𝘌𝘓𝘗 𝘐𝘕 𝘓𝘖𝘞 𝘗𝘓𝘈𝘊𝘌𝘚

━━━ THE RINGING PHONES AND SQUEAKING OF NURSE'S SNEAKERS ECHOED AROUND IN MEILANI'S HEAD THAT HAD BEEN SHOVED BETWEEN HER KNEES, TRYING TO KEEP HERSELF CALM. Which became increasingly harder as the time went on and the more she worried over Melissa's well-being, along with Mason, Rafe and Lydia who had also been hit apparently in the ambush. Something she hadn't realized until Meilani had to turn Melissa onto her back to lift her up. It had taken Meilani, Malia and Isaac to get all the injured into the car and out to the hospital. She could hear the surgeons working dutifully to help keep Melissa alive, retrieving the bullet that lodged itself into her body and was narrow miss of being fatal. Though, Meilani was sure if the pack, Rafe and Chris hadn't been at the house — Melissa would have been dead.

Granted, Meilani already blamed herself because the hunters were coming for her and her pack in the first place . . . but Meilani had to keep shoving those thoughts away because she kept getting stern glares from Isaac to stop with the dark thoughts.

"Get out of my head, Isaac."

"I wish I could. It's pretty dark in here . . . think you'd spruce things up with a lamp or something."