Chapter 25

Your life with Sir Keir Starmer and you romantically involved with each other and not hiding it was going well, a few moments you'd rather forget but everything was going very well. You didn't have to hide anything from Keir and you could spend as much time as you wanted, getting dinners together and taking the odd lunch away from the office whenever Keir was free.

You spent more and more time at his place, pretty much every other night and all weekend was with him or at least at his place. Sometimes he'd work late but he still told you to come over.

But tonight you had fallen asleep on his sofa and he came home before he woke you with a soft smile and soft voice. "Hey beautiful." He crouched down to see you.

"Keir... Hey." You opened your eyes and saw him. "Tough day?" You asked as he would usually just let you sleep. "Keir." You said and he looked at you and you noticed his sad eyes. "Keir... What's wrong?" You sat up and took his hand. "Baby..." You said.

"I don't know how to tell you this?" He said and you looked at him.

"Just tell me." You said running your hand down his arm. You were worried about him now and it made you nervous.

"Your brother rang me after he couldn't get a hold of you earlier... Your father... He had a heart attack." He said. He stopped talking before he looked down.

"Did he... Did he make it?" You asked trying to get your words to work.

"They got him back after his heart stopped. They took him to the hospital..." Keir stopped talking.

"Keir. Did my dad make it?" You said and he just looked at you.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart." He said. "He... He knew he could die during his time in the hospital. He... He knew there was a risk apparently of this happening. Your father... He didn't want to worry you...he...he." Keir choked up. He took a moment before he took out a piece of paper from his jacket and handed it to you. "He got your brother to write you something... He knew you wouldn't make it to see him and he didn't want to have you more upset if you didn't make it."

"Have you read it?" You asked and Keir shook his head. "Can you?" You asked.

"Hannah... Are you sure?" He asked. You looked at him and nodded. He opened it. You watched the tears form in his eyes as he was reading and he stopped. "If Keir is reading this to you, Hi Keir. I'm sorry I caused you a bunch of problems at the pub, I liked you really. Look after my daughter for me. You are lucky I can't break your legs, just  She loves you." Keir continued to read before he laughed. "If you ever wanted to do the blessing thing where you asked the girl's father for permission. Consider this your permission." He quoted your father's note.

Keir got up and sat with you on the sofa. His eyes full of tears as he closed the note. He wiped his face before he looked at you. He took off his blazer and rested a hand on your cheek "come here" he whispered and you went closer to him. You didn't lie down straight away, instead you undid the buttons on Keir's shirt and had it open within a couple of moments. Then you lie down on him. "Shall I take the shirt off?" He asked and you looked up. He took off his shirt without an answer from you and you lay on his chest.

Listening to his heart beat you felt the tears drip down your cheek a slight snuffle every few seconds. Keir held you tight, he didn't say a single word just held you. You pulled his blazer from the back of the sofa and let it fall over you, pulling it up so you had a good grip of it. After a lot more tears you fell asleep on Keir's chest.

You woke up the next morning in the same state you fell asleep, your head on your man's chest with his blazer tightly wrapped around you. "It's not morning." Keir said and you looked at him.

"How long was I asleep then?" You asked.

"Well... It's not time to get up I mean. It's almost 4am." He replied and you looked at him. "Do you want me to help you up to bed?" He asked and you smiled.

"Please." You said and you sat up allowing him to sit with you. "Thank you." You said and he smiled.

"You don't have to thank me, my love. I'm just doing what I should do." He said and you smiled. You gave him a long hug before he got up and he helped you to your feet. You kissed him before you walked with him to the bedroom with him. You lay in bed together. You turned away from him for the first time in a long time and stayed almost silent, just breathing and the quiet crying could be heard. Keir ran his hand down your arm and whispered to you "I'm here when you need me, I'm not going anywhere."