Chapter 7

You locked the door behind him and stood there for a second. Wondering if it would be a bad idea to call him. To tell him you wanted him. To say fuck it to the rest of the world and have the man you want.

By the time you traded your work clothes for a pair of yoga pants and a tank top, brushed your teeth, and climbed into bed, it was past three a.m, a little over three hours had gone by since Keir left the apartment.

It was another twenty minutes before your mind began shutting down and you finally, finally felt yourself drifting off to sleep.

That was when he texted you.

You picked up the phone right away, afraid it was going to be a work thing.

It wasn't.

I know it's late, but I just wanted to tell you that I got home safely. Text me in the morning if you're asleep.

Got home safely.

Right. Okay... Sure Keir whatever.

He'd never texted to say he had got home safely before. Well... certainly not three hours after you left.

You hit call on your phone. "Go to sleep, Hannah."

"I...I can't." You stuttered.

"What's wrong?"

"I - Nothing. I just wanted to make sure you were home safe... there's been a few attacks on politicans recently."

"Bullshit," he declared.
You didn't say anything. "Have you slept at all since I left?" He asked, softening his tone.

"A little. I dozed off for a few minutes, I think, but I…" you inhaled sharply, "...I woke back up."

"Bad dream?"

"Something like that."

"Want me to distract you?"

"No."

"Will you fall asleep if I hang up?"

"...Probably not."

"Let's talk, then."

"No." You snapped a little. "Go to bed. I'm sorry I bothered you. I don't need anything."

"Hannah. Talk to me." He said softly. His voice was soothing but you still had no idea what he wanted you to say.

"What exactly would you like me to say?" You'd already blown past dozens of boundaries with Keir tonight. What was one more?

"Tell me what you're wearing."

"What?" You asked the shock lingered in your voice.

"I'm serious, Hannah."

"You tell me what you're wearing." You smirked. That's something you've wanted to know.

"Come on, Han," He haven't called you that since you cried on his shoulder.

"Don't use that voice on me," you said. It made your heart melt every time.

"What voice?" He asked.

"That one." You said quietly.

"Then answer the question."

"It's nothing special...a tank top. A pair of yoga pants." You replied.

To hell with boundaries... you'd already overstepped the mark many times tonight.

"What color tank top?" He asked.

"Black."

"Bra?" He said softly. You wished he would stop talking so quiet. It was really fucking hot.

"Do you want me to be wearing a bra?" You said, terrified of what he will say next. You didn't want to mess this up.

"No." He said softly.

Fucking hell Keir. This man should stop being so attractive.

"Okay then. No." You replied. You weren't anyway.

"Roll onto your side." He told you.

"Why?"

"Just do it." He said. His voice became a little more demanding but it didn't bother you.

"Okay." You said.

"You did it?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Pretend I have my arm around you."

"Okay."

Just pretend like you haven't been thinking about this constantly for however long it's been since you had feelings for him.

"That gonna help you sleep?"

You wished he was actually there. "Yeah it will."

Neither of you said anything for a few moments, each listening to the slow breathing of the other "You never told me what you're wearing," you said and you could hear a little laugh coming from him.

"Why? You thinking about me?" He teased.

"Keir... You told me to pretend you're holding me!" You exclaimed indignantly.

"What does that have to do with what I'm wearing?" He asked and you sighed.

"You're an ass," you replied, but your tone suggested that you didn't think Keir was an ass at all.

Quite the opposite, really.

"Fine. Gray sweatpants." He replied.

"No shirt?"

"Do you want me to be wearing a shirt?" He asked, throwing your own words back at you.

"No." It was true. You didn't.

"Okay, then. No shirt."

You wished it wasn't on the phone. "Okay."

"Dream of me this time," you advised, "Then tell me about it when you wake up."

"You wish I would." You laughed.

"I do. Absolutely." He confirmed and it made you smile.

"I'm going to sleep. Goodnight Keir." You put your phone back on charge but forgot in your tired state to end the call.

"Goodnight." He ended the call for you as he heard the soft snoring.