Chapter 19

In the weeks that followed, Keir managed to get Kate to back off and you became closer with the higher members of Labour. You’d spoken to them before but now you were having dinners with Keir and Angela with Andy Burnham attending too. You and Angela became close. You never let anything slip about Keir and she didn’t tell you if she knew so you assumed she didn’t. She had asked about you being with anyone during a coffee break but you just smiled and said their was “someone, but I don’t know if it’s really anything,” even though you knew that you and Sir Keir Starmer were definitely something. A relationship? Maybe. But it was definitely more than just the casual hook up at your place.

Speaking of Keir, you saw him more at the weekends but also in the weekdays and had dinners together at your place. He would cook. You would cook. Sometimes it was just a takeaway, but whatever it was you enjoyed it. One of the nights he was reading one of the newspaper articles about that week’s PMQs to himself allowed and you fell asleep to his voice and you asked him to read to read whilst you lay together more often.

 That weekend, you, Keir, Andy and other members of the party went out to drinks and you drank a little too much. You weren't fully drunk, just tipsy. You were dancing with the team and Keir was drinking with Angela and Andy at the bar and he kept making eye contact with you. Andy did the same and you looked at Keir more than him. You took a walk out of the pub, your jacket left at home with your stuff. "Hannah wait." Andy shouted and you stopped. "At least let me walk you home." He said and you turned to him. 

"Andy... They will think there's something going on if anyone sees us." You said and you felt a small shiver hit your spine as he stepped closer.

"Let them." He said as he rested a hand on your cheek. He leant and... His lips touched your before you moved back. 

You just kissed the mayor of Manchester whilst secretly having sexual relations with his boss which was definitely more of a relationship than not.

"Andy I can't. I'm sorry." You said quickly and created a distance between you and him. The taxi arrived and your mind relaxed.

"Okay. I'm sorry." Andy said before you got into a taxi and went home. You texted Keir to tell him you were going to bed and you would see him in the morning.

The next day you woke up with a slight hangover and a thought of sadness at the only slight possibility that Keir may have seen what happened between you and Andy. That made you nervous because you knew who you wanted and it certainly wasn't Andy Burnham. You jumped hearing the knock at your door. You looked through the spyhole to see Keir Starmer standing there. "Keir, hi." You said as you opened the door.

"Hey. You okay? You look sad to see me." He said and you just smiled and asked him to come in. You stood with him in your kitchen and the nerves were clear on your face. "What's wrong?" He asks and you just looked at him.

"Andy... Last night." You said and he just smiled.

"Angela told me. You pushed him away." He said and you just nodded. "You okay?" He asked and you looked up at him.

"I....guess." You looked at him before you smiled. "Well... You haven't left yet."

"No. You rejected him. If you would have been all over him and got in the taxi with him, maybe it would have been a different story. He was looking at you all night, I mean I was too." He confessed and you smiled.

"Why are you here Keir?" You glanced at the clock before looking at him. He had a look of disappointment on his face. "Is that the time? Shit."

His look faded and he began to chuckle. "Relax. I'm not here about work. I'm not due in till later. I'm working from home."

"Oh is that what you are calling it?" You teased and he stepped closer. Your mind raced as his fingers danced up and down your arm. 

"Yes. Just without the work... Or the clothes... And in your bed." He said as he rested his hand against your face. You leant into his touch and moved closer to him, practically pressing yourself against him. "Careful... If you actually want to make it to the bedroom." You laughed as your hands went down his chest towards the buttons of his jeans.

"You’re looking very causal today, Sir." You lowered your volume when you said sir and smirked when you saw something on Keir's face when you called him it. "You've got a thing for when I call you sir." You teased and he laughed.

"Well... When a gorgeous woman is whispering the it to me then... Yes it's attractive." He smiled before placing a long deep kiss to your lips. “Just don’t you dare do it to me when I am about to speak to the prime minister.” He said.

“I can’t make any promises, sir.” You whispered close to his lips.

8 weeks later everything changed.