Chapter 9

- Lisa -

The cold air breeze hit my skin and sent chills to my spine. It's midnight now and we're in front of the mansion.

"Unnies, seriously, do you have some sort of death wishes?" Somi asked us.

We all looked at Somi who's still wearing her pajamas since Rosé called her and said there's an emergency (even if there really isn't) just so Somi will go to our house with her car.

"Somi, just be quiet, I'll explain everything to you later." Rosé said to her cousin who's next to her.

With our flashlights and my gun, we went inside the mansion and the unpleasant smell is still there.

"Why are we even here?" Jennie asked.

I held her hands tightly and kept her close to me.

"We have to investigate." I said.

I feel her staring at me while I was looking around.

"Investigate about what?" She asked me.

"About how you died." I said then looked at her and I can see fear in her eyes, is she scared to know how she died?

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She just nodded and gave me a faint smile. Something about her reaction isn't right.

"Lisa!! We found an old journal!! Come here!" Jisoo shouted. Jennie and I went to Jisoo and the others and...

"Lisa, this looks exactly like the journal we found in your library." Jennie said.

It does and it even has the same color. I let jennie hold our flashlight and I opened the journal.

"You are my present from the future, by Jennie Kim."

I looked at Jennie.

"You wrote this, don't you remember?" I asked.

She shook her head slowly.

"Maybe it has some sort of connection with the journal we found." She said.

She's right, there must be a connection because this can't be just an innocent coincidence. Does that mean one of my relatives knows her? Now I'm more intrigued about her death.

"Let's find more things thatmay help us connect the dots." I ordered them and they all nodded at me.

We didn't part ways anymore and sticked together because thi place is foreign to us, except for Jennie of course.

"Guys, we can't go upstairs." Jennie told us.

We all looked at her trying to figure out why.