{Ten}

"Make sure he doesn't make a noise."

"Highly unlikely, but I'll try." You whispered back to Nobara as you both tip toed into Yuji's room. It was three in the morning as you quickly glanced at the wall clock in his room.

Making sure not to trip on anything, you both climbed into his bed. Nobara gently shook him, calling out his name. In the moonlight, his silhouette became more visible and you noticed his slightly overgrown pink hair that covered his eyes. With parted lips, snoring softly, you noticed he was dead asleep. He was sleeping like a baby, too deep in slumber. When he didn't stir even after Nobara kept whispering his name, you, feeling a bit guilty, smacked him across his face.

He jolted awake with a cry. Quickly covering his mouth with your hand, you shushed him.

"What the oopmhh" he muffled into your hand.

"Stay quiet." You whispered.

Letting him adjust to the darkness, you crawled back to the edge. Rubbing his hands over his face, he gave out a tired and irritated groan.

"If you guys are trying to kidnap me then you're doing it wrong."

"You're not that important, crack head." Nobara called out in the darkness.

"We're here for Megumi's birthday. His girlfriend texted Nobara that they're getting home now. So wake up you lazy ass up and come in the living room. Now." You hushed.

"He has a girlfriend?" Came out his question.

"Yea, apparently."

"That little sneaky bitch never told me. But wait- if he's not home then why are you guys whispering?"

"To add the effect." Nobara's bored voice added.

"And you couldn't have told me this before because?"

"Because you can't keep a secret."

You watched as he groggily made a face but stood up nonetheless. The three of you walked into the living room.

"You guys didn't even start yet?" Disbelief spread across Yuji's face.

"We were goin to but then, we got into this fight. She wanted golden balloons and I wanted the blue ones." Nobara answered.

"He's not 12, you know. But please put balloons, I would love to see his reaction." He shook his head in something like amusement.

"Without balloons there should not be any party at all. Period" You replied with smugness.

"Yea we all know you're obsessed with balloons. Now, since you both already have brought everything, I'm assuming you woke me up to bake a cake, yes?" He asked after stifling a yawn.

"Yup, we have it all figured out. Y/n will do the rest of the decoration and I'll help you with baking." Nobara replied.

"What do you mean you'll help me? You don't know anything about baking." 

"What she meant was, she'll keep flattering you while you bake." You replied.

"I don't need flattery to do the work."

"Of course, you do. Do you need me to remind you what happened on Nobara's birthday when we left you alone in the kitchen and even after three hours you couldn't bake a cake and you kept changing the flavors because you thought no-one would like it." You laughed.

"Nope, I'm good." He quickly grunted and walked into the kitchen. Nobara whistled behind him before joining him in the kitchen.

You glanced around the room and then at the bags with the items laying at your feet and then at the clock.

"Guess I should also get started."

~~X~~

You opened your eyes as the stupid ring didn't stop. Taking a moment to calm your nerves, you looked around. The balloons and the fairy light shined so brightly that you had to close your eyes again. You glanced at the wall clock to see it was seven in the morning. Rubbing your hands on the face you quickly stood up when the door bell rang again. The sudden realization hit you when you saw Nobara and Yuji curled up on the couch together. Jolting them awake, you sleepily whispered "Megumi's home."

You watched as their eyes went wide and both of them cursed but stood up nonetheless. Yuji quickly grabbed the confetti and Nobara grabbed the sparkles from the table and you quickly went to the door to answer.

Taking a deep breath you pushed open the door. The spikey dark blue hair appeared in your vision as the familiar green eyes stared back at you. But your sleepy brain quickly realized that it wasn't Megumi. But that wasn't the case with the other two, as both of them jumped from behind and sprayed the sparkles and the confetti in the air. 

You tried to stifle your laugh as you watched Toji standing there with a confused expression. His freshly showered hair were now covered with colorful confetti and his ironed suit with sparkles.

"Shit, that's Megumi's dad." Yuji realized with a gasp.

" Yuji realized with a gasp