{Fifteen}

Panic

Panic.

That was what you were feeling right now.

Heartbeat fast. Too fast. Blood rushing to your head. Feeling light-headed. Too many thoughts.

It had to be the worst case scenario to be in. You knew you should have told him before things got out of hand but him finding out like this was so much worse.

First thing that came to your mind was to lie but you knew it was useless and very very disrespectful to your relation with him. You've lied too much already. Not anymore.

Looking at him, you noticed his sole focus was on Toji, who infact was very still beside you.

Megumi's eyes held the same disappointment that his voice had. His disappointment in his father for dating a woman half his age. His disappointment in you for letting this happen. And the disappointment in himself for not figuring this out sooner. It was the disbelief and the disgust in his voice that made you shut your mouth.

By the corner of your eyes you caught a glimpse of Toji, he had no reaction on his face. Nothing at all. But you knew better.

The strain in his posture, the subtle clench of his jaw, the tension in his shoulder. His face didn't show anything but his body did. Atleast to you, it did.

"Megumi, we were going to te-" you started but stopped when his eyes turned to you.

The raw emotion in his eyes made you shut your mouth. The anger which you saw rarely on him was now on full display. He blamed you.

Ofcourse, he blamed you. His relationship with his dad was something out of a cliché movie. It was that perfect. And now you screwed it up.

The guilt of all this choked you up and made you silent. So you just watched as he gave you one silent look and walked away. You didn't try to stop him or went after him and neither did Toji.

"I'll give you a ride home" Toji said after a moment and you followed him silently to his car.

~~X~~

It was too much. The guilt. The silence.

You looked at Toji, he has been silent the entire ride. You wanted to know what he was thinking, what was going on in that head of his.

You wanted to know where you stand in his life now. It was pretty obvious but you wanted to hear him say it.

"What's going to happen now?" You finally dared to ask.

He looked at you for a brief moment before looking back at the road.

"I don't know"

"Are we going to stop seeing each other?" You voiced your thought.

You looked at the way his hand tightened around the steering wheel but he didn't say anything.

Glancing out of the window you realised how much this was going to hurt if he decides to stop seeing you. Because it was true that whatever it was between the two of you didn't really make any sense and it definitely won't to anybody else either.

Toji is the CEO of the company you're working for. It was unprofessional and would probably end in a scandal to say the least if anyone found out. And it wasn't just about his position but also the way people would portray you in the future.

But above all, you knew what really bothered him was the way it would hurt Megumi. Megumi's anger was justified. He just found out something that would traumatize any kid and the fact that you are his friend probably made it worse. You don't know if he'll ever forgive you or Toji for what has happened.

There was nothing you could do about it, you realised.

This is probably the last time you'll spend time like this together. Even though both of you have battles going on in your head.

You heart ached when he stopped at your apartment. Your eyes immediately searched his and you both had the same look. You both felt the same thing, the same connection for each other.

Whatever happened upto this moment. The lust . The temptation. The need. The connection. You didn't regret any of it.

And neither did he.