Dealing with a bad boy

It was the next day I had just walked on the ward and getting a hand over of the night staff everyone had had a good night it was quiet,  let's hope I get the same I say laughing I was in theate all morning a bad car crash he will live but his recovery  is going to be long I was in my office telling his family this is the worst  part of my job I love telling them when it's good news but if it's bad I remember the first time I had to tell a wife her husband had died I couldn't get the look she give me out of my head.

I start to do my rounds that takes hours as i like my patients to not feel rushed have the time to ask me anything i sit down so they know I'm not rushing off I've had great feedback from it i walk into baby Ellies room hello cutie she giggles i check all her obs jamie was sat next to jimmy if she has a good night i will see about letting her go home tomorrow  thank you ellie sarah says as i was walking out the door jamie grabs my hand can we talk please ellie, we have nothing to talk about  was all i said as i leave the room.

I had just sat down to eat my dinner as we got an emergency  in I was in the operating room  for 7 hours but it was a success  I walk back on the ward  the night staff was here I put him in room 2  then walk into my office I was just thinking of sleeping here, i go check on baby ellie i walk in all 3 of them was still here hey guys how she doing I look at her chart everything is looking good I will see her in morning just as I yawn Paul's comes in hey beautiful  let's get you home you need your bed I nod night guys,  I could see jamie looking from me to paul as he puts his arm around me and drives me home.

The next morning I get ready and head to the hospital I walk in have hand over and walk to my office I need to free up beds we are that busy but I wont if I'm not happy I transfer  them to another ward and see them there some still need me but not 24 hour care. I walk into ellies room jamie was the only one there holding ellie, hey where is sarah, I told them to go home last night get some sleep, ok well everything is looking great baby ellie can go home today I will sort her discharge forms out I'm about to walk out the door, ellie please meet me so we can talk and after that I will never speck to you again if that's what you want jamie says begging me,  no why should i you didnt care about me to hear me out you left me in the state i was in jimmy told you how bad i was you didn't care, I did I just didn't want you to have to clean my mess up, fine  ok tonight I finish at 8 they is a 24hr cafe around the corner he  nods  meet me at it, thank you ellie, the rest of the day went by baby ellie went home after jimmy and sarah thanking me so much and saying sorry for everything I told them not to worry I did'nt wanna get into it. I ended up telling paul the whole story he didn't speck for 5 mins after I finished and  he goes with wow I bet he's great in bed I  just look at him don't get me wrong he's a nobhead for what he did to you but a hot nobhead if I was you I'd use him for sex get the best part of him I just shake my head I bet he's kicking himself  now, why?  well don't hate me but he put you first he just went about it a shit way he could of had you waiting 20 years just so he had you waiting for him but he let you go thinking you would be better off, trust me he didn't do me any favours I was in a mess.

Right now I'm on my way to meet jamie i didnt want to i didnt want to relive it i just hope at the end of this night he keeps his word.

( conversation  between ellie and jamie ) 

E.. hey sorry im late work was busy 

J.. it's ok im just glad you came I didn't think you would 

E. I said I would and I always keep my promises,  sorry 

J. No it's ok I ordered you a hot chocolate  I needed to see you im so sorry I ready did think I was doing the right thing by you I was looking at 20 years I didn't want you to have to  wait for me im sorry.

E. Well that's the problem  you always do what you want or you think is best i never have had a say in any of the break ups. 

(Ellies phone is ringing  she holds her finger up to jamie as she speaks )