Page 11

XP was in the making room. “What is this?” XP asked while pointing at two bodies. “They are not done yet.” Microsoft responded while making a new eye. “Are they new siblings?” XP asked. “Yes.” Once he was done he took off the broken eye and carefully placed the new eye. “It might take a few days to get your eyesight back from that eye.” Microsoft said. “Now hurry along and go to sleep.”

It was daytime and Microsoft was done with the two windows, Vista and 7. “It's been a year now and whistler hasn't talked.” 2000 said. “Have you tried to make it whistle?” Microsoft asked. “No.” 2000 replied, “is that its special ability?” “Yes.” Microsoft answered. “I kinda expected it to be more epic but ok.” 2000 left.

NT went up to XP. “So, I heard you got a new eye.” NT said. XP nodded. “How did you get it?” “I fell when I was climbing over the fence.” XP responded. “No one is allowed over the fence!” NT shouted. NT took a deep breath. “Why did you go over the fence?” NT asked, calmly. “I wanted to see what it was like.” XP responded. “Okay, just don't do it again.” NT strictly said.

Every night XP and blue apple would hang out. Sometimes over the fence, sometimes in the fence, but most of the time it's over the fence. Apple doesn't know about XP and blue apples friendship while NT gets suspicious about XP. Every morning NT would ask XP “have you been over the fence?” and XP would lie with a “no.” NT is still suspicious.

2000 saw NT at the graveyard. “Are, you okay?” 2000 asked while going up to it. NT signed. “These tombstones, 3.1, 95, 1.0, 98,” “You need to get over them.” 2000 interupped. “THEY COULD’VE BEEN STILL ALIVE IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT DAMN GREY APPLE” NT was mad, and 2000 just stood there. “Look, I get it, you are mad but remember Microsoft's wishes.” NT broke down in tears. “No one cares, not even microsoft. And now, more of us are gonna die because XP is friends with one of them.” 2000 left while NT was still crying, “What an emotional mess, I can't believe it's in charge of us.” it thought.

XP was talking with vista. “Who is your best friend in the whole world?” vista asked. XP blushed a little. (uh oh) “I would tell you but you have to tell nobody.” “Not even microsoft?” vista asked. “Not even microsoft.” XP responded. Vista leaned in close to XP. “So, who is it?” Vista whispered to XP, “its mac.” XP whispered back. “Who is mac?” vista asked quietly, “it's an apple that lives over the fence, every night we would hang out.” XP whispered. “7 told me that NT says apples are dangerous.” vista said. “But mac is not dangerous!” XP whispered loudly. “It's my friend.” “Okay I guess.” vista said.

Every night when blue apple and XP hang out XP would have a feeling. (uh oh) Every time they would hang out it would feel it more and more. XP did not know this feeling since no window has really felt it before. “I have to tell somebody.” XP thought.

XP went up to vista. “Do you ever get this feeling that everytime you are near this someone you feel strangely happy no matter what happens?” it asked. “No, why?” vista asked, really confused. “Well I'm starting to feel that with mac.” XP whispered. “Weirdo.” vista muttered. “Well, how about you ask 7 or NT?” “No way I'm telling NT! But I'll ask 7.” XP left.