Chapter 16

"Are you okay?" Roman asked, making sure to still keep his voice quiet. Virgil shrugged and sat down on his desk.

"Well, seeing as I've have two attacks in one day," Virgil paused over-dramatically, "no." He said.

"Yeah, sorry, it's a stupid question." Roman said. "I just don't know what to say and it sucks, I'm sorry."

"Hey, Princey, it's fine." Virgil said. He smiled at Roman. "It's no big deal, people always ask me that after I've had an attack, it's not just you. But, yeah, if you want your answer, I'm getting there. Getting to being okay."

Roman was sure his face was red. "Great." He said and his voice was definitely an octave higher than normal.

Virgil chuckled, shaking his head. "You're weird, Princey." He said, grabbing his bag and slinging it over his shoulder.

"Hey, Lo!" Virgil called, jumping off his desk. "D'you mind if I sit behind you?"

"Uh, sure?" Logan looked around. "Why d'you need to ask?"

Virgil shrugged and didn't answer, throwing his bag on a chair rather harshly and sitting on the desk.

"So, what're we talking about over here?" He asked, gesturing to Remus and Janus, who were talking in low voices. Remus looked up.

"None of your business, Emo." Janus said.

"Now, that's not a very nice thing to say to someone who's just had a panic attack." Virgil said. He crossed his legs and leaned his chin on his hands. "Come on, spill."

"Why should we tell you anything?" Remus asked. Virgil shrugged.

"We're all here until," Virgil checked his watch, "4 o'clock or so. And it's only 11:30 right now. So spill."

Janus rolled his eyes. "We're just talking about what I know about Freddie."

"Which is?" Roman joined in, interested.

"None of your business, Ro." Remus snapped rather viciously.

"Rem, it's fine." Janus said.

"Rem, huh?" Roman asked. "That seems pretty close for just friends."

Janus rolled his eyes. "Oh, calm down, Romano. Remember, it was you who used me, not the other way around."

"Used you?" Logan repeated. Janus shrugged.

"That sounds pretty shitty." Virgil said sympathetically.

"It's a lot worse than it sounds, believe me." Janus said coldly.

"Sorry, I was just trying to..." Virgil trailed off with a roll of his eyes. Janus sighed.

"Anyway, after the whole Roman Ordeal-"

"Which was what, exactly?" Roman asked, his arms crossed as he glared at a wall.

"I think you know, darling." Janus said venomously.

"Shut up." Roman snapped.

"Make me, asshole." Janus said. "Anyway, after him, I started going around with a girl called Thalia." Janus shrugged. "Wouldn't call it dating, it was never really official. She was a bitch and I was just trying to bounce back from what Roman here put me through. But she knew everything and everyone. Gossip was her life-force. Managed to wheedle enough of it out of her to start blackmailing people."

"Is that why you're here?" Virgil asked. "Cause of the blackmail?"

Janus threw his head back and laughed. "Oh, I wish. Dad'd probably be happier about that. No, I'm a skipper. Started skipping about... end of Year 8, been cutting school ever since."

"How'd anyone ever find you out?" Roman asked, sarcasm tinting his voice. "You're a sly little snake."

Janus glared at Roman. "How I got caught is none of your business, Romano."

"Well, it's not anyone else's business, is it?" Roman asked. "If anyone's gonna find out how you got caught, it's gonna be me."

"Why? Because I used to date you?" Janus laughed, the sound about as warm as ice. "That's even more reason for me to not tell you anything. After all you put me through-"

"I didn't put you through shit!" Roman yelled.

"Shut the fuck up, both of you!" Virgil yelled, glaring at the two. "Neither of you are in the right here so save it."

Not at all what I wanted to write. At all.
Bye,
Blaize